Menu
GUILIN....im coming
Apr 10, 2004 12:02
  • PRONGS
Hi,
Im planning a trip to Guilin and Yanghshuo this end of April. I see alot of wonderful places to explore but im confused in so many ways (:

1. Li River cruise > i only want to book the cruise. But im not sure who can help me from where i am. Can the hostel i will be staying, help me when i arrive in Guilin? How much does will it cost? They said trip is from Guilin to Yangshuo. If we arrive in Yangshuo, whats next? they leave us there or they send us back again to Guilin or what?
2. Go around the Diecai Hill, Elephant trunk Hill, Reed Flute Cave, Solitary Beauty Park and Fubo Hill. Will 2days enough to go aroung this places? What should be the itinerary?
3. What nice, safe and cheap hostel can we stay in Guilin?
4. How about in Yangshuo? Hostel which is also safe, cheap and nice location.
5. Enjoy Green Lotus Peak, Moon Hill and the caves, Shutong Hill, West Street and see the Tall Banyan. What should be the Itinerary?
6. How do i get there? I stay at Zhongshan. Do i take the train or busa and where?
7. I'm a backpacker and speaks "little mandarin" (",)
8. Did i miss anything?
Apr 12, 2004 15:04
  • DAISY
Will you go to visit Guilin and Yangshuo by yourself?
Or will the travel agent organise this itinerary for you?
Apr 18, 2004 23:56
  • PRONGS
im traveling with 2 to 3 friends by ourselves. travel agancy will take care of our train tickets only. the itinerary will be set by us but like to ask help for it. For the Li river cruise, we will prepare for it once we arrive in Guilin but i dont know who can help us there since its peak season by that time.
Apr 19, 2004 11:08
  • ANGEL
Hi,
Hope my answers to be of any help.

1. At any hotels in Guilin you will stay, you can ask them to arrange the Li River cruise for you. For most travellers who do not travel with agency choose this way. The cruise price is 360 yuan RMB. And also you can buy the ticket directly at the port beofore the cruise begins at 9:00 am. However, if you go to in peak seasons, better book in advance through hotels.

2. When arriving Yangshuo,I don't think you need any tou agency for it is a small town with breathtaking country scenery. Just walking along the western street and explore the town yourself. Many hostels there are of good price. No need for you to take the cruise back to Guilin. A bus station within walking distant to the West Street have buses to Guilin at 10 yuan. The but trip will take around one hour.

3. Diecai Hill and Solitary Beauty Park is not very worth of visiting. I suggest you choose the best four as Reed Flute Cave, Sever Star Park, Fubo Hill and Elephant trunk Hill. But one day trip can not cover them all. Please see the itinerary I write below:

The first day
Arriving at Guilin, visit Reed Flute Cave (3-4 hours, it is very fantastic), Seven star park (2 hours) and Fubo Hill (40 minutes)

The second day
Take the cruise to Yangshuo. The ship will arrive Yangshuo around 13:00, then explore Yangshuo. Take bus back to Guilin to visit the Elephant Trunck Hill for the nightview of the hill is the best.

I am not sure where you mean by Zhongshan. It that in Guangzhou city?
Apr 24, 2004 00:36
  • PRONGS
Hi Angel,
Thanks for your wonderful reply. I'm getting more exicited. Im from Zhongshan, Guandong province. Any hotel / hostel suggestion to stay?

regards,
prongs
Apr 26, 2004 09:45
  • ANGEL
You need to firstly go to Guangzhou, then take the flight, daily available for about 600 yuan. But now the price has rised up.

You mean hostels in Yangshuo, right? So many hostels in the West Street. I'm not sure which is better. But Lisa's Hotel has been there for a long time.
Post a Reply to: GUILIN....im coming
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code