Menu
Sightseeing or things to do in Taiyuan
Aug 8, 2010 22:58
guest61568 Hi, I would like to have some suggestions as to where to go for sightseeing or what to do in Taiyuan. I will be arriving at the end of August.
Aug 8, 2010 23:03
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST61568

Hi, I would like to have some suggestions as to where to go for sightseeing or what to do in Taiyuan. I will be arriving at the end of August.

See [tcgurl=http://www.travelchinaguide.com/attraction/shanxi/taiyuan/]scenic spots in Taiyuan[/tcgurl] to find out if you are interested in them.

Mt. Wutai and Jinci Temple are worth your visit.
Last edited by CHERRY07: Aug 8, 2010 23:04
Aug 18, 2010 23:18
GUEST56228
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHERRY07

See [tcgurl=http://www.travelchinaguide.com/attraction/shanxi/taiyuan/]scenic spots in Taiyuan[/tcgurl] to find out if you are interested in them.

Mt. Wutai and Jinci Temple are worth your visit.

Thank you CHERRY07 for the information.

Is it true that Taiyuan is famous for Taijiquan, and where can I see Taiji masters practise?
Aug 19, 2010 02:32
  • BAKUI
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST61568

Hi, I would like to have some suggestions as to where to go for sightseeing or what to do in Taiyuan. I will be arriving at the end of August.

Ehhh, late august, it's the time when grapes will be fine. If you have time, go to the fields and pick some by yourself. It's in Qingxu county, about 1 hour drive from Taiyuan downtown area.

I have not heard that Taiyuan is famous for Taiji.

Pingyao Ancient Town is good for a visit.
Last edited by BAKUI: Aug 19, 2010 02:33
Aug 19, 2010 21:11
GUEST15295 Thank you, BAKUI.
Oct 15, 2014 04:39
  • NEHOW
Hi
Several tourist attractions in and around Taiyuan include the Liu Xiang Lane, which contains ancient Chinese houses of important heritage, and several temples, such as the Chongshan Monastery, the Jinci Temple, the Twin Pagoda Temple, and the Shaunglin Monastery Longtan Park and Yinze Park are also popular tourist destinations.

Taiyuan is also known for its Liuxiang shopping district and the construction of parks and recreational areas that are praised by the UN Environmental Programme for their role in the improvement of the environmental condition of Taiyuan. Taiyuan's environmental improvement project is being copied in many other Chinese cities and urban areas around the world.
Post a Reply to: Sightseeing or things to do in Taiyuan
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code