Menu
Chinese kung fu
Aug 10, 2010 01:26
  • DAPHNEB
For those who are familiar with Chinese kung fu or Chinese kung fu movies, they must know that Chinese martial art has many its systems.

There is a saying about Chinese Kung fu – ‘The North kicks while The South Punches’. In Foshan, the Martial arts are representative of the boxing arts of the South. Wing Chun is one of the many typical traditional kung fu systems. The movies Yewen Wing Chun are newly released ones about it.

Latest source describes that with 76 years history, the Chinwoo assembly hall has been closed up cz of lacking money. This is the best preserved Chinwoo hall in China. How did this happen? Many Kungfu Clubs or kung fu schools naturalized worldwide, since domestic ones can not run well, how about them outside? Do foreigners pay much for their class? Is there anyone has experience in kung fu schools?

Aug 12, 2010 08:39
  • DAVEC
I spent time studying Shaolin Kung Fu, as well as Wing Chun and Jeet Kun Do in UK, had to stop many years ago after badly injuring one of my legs.
At the time lessons were about £5 per hour, roughly 50 RMB, I expect now that it must be double that price.

I am sure foreigners would love to learn in China, it would have more an an authentic feel.
Aug 15, 2010 01:46
  • DAPHNEB
Thanks very much for sharing your experience and ideas. Davec.

Chinese Kung Fu masters are more likely to open schools in US, UK, and all intent places worldwide, they must earn more in that way other than in China. I don't know how to run business anyway. But i do believe learning in China is perfect with refined Kung Fu atmosphere.

Actors like jackie Chan make every effort to further promote the Chinese Fungfu culture, but the fact is not that all Chinese officials and people have intention to inherit it. It is a pity, many of us can only learn some words from movies and Tv series.
Aug 16, 2010 02:25
GUESTJEAN DAPHNEB, that is right many people do not promote Chinese Kung Fu, but it is national gymnastics, we know it and some know it well, that's enough unless some of its systems are not going to be passed down.
I'm enthusiastic when watch those Kung fu movies.
Aug 18, 2010 22:14
  • ELLIOTT
I watched The Karate Kid few days ago and was very interested in the Kung Fu in it, especially for the lady doing some kind of freaky-deaky mind-control martial arts on a cobra, a snake on top of a cliff, a move that looks a whole helluva lot like the Crane from the original movie. That is the most impressive.
Jul 20, 2011 01:25
GUEST38117 SIR,
iam felix from bangalore {india} and iam interested in learning chinese martial arts.
iam requesting you to please let me know if there is anyone who teaches chinese
martial arts in bangalore.
Post a Reply to: Chinese kung fu
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code