Menu
Japanese Encephalitis - How prevalent is it?
Aug 10, 2010 13:02
  • TEXAS80
Not that I'm seeking all my medical advice from the forum but I was wondering, how prevalent is this nasty disease? I went to get some vaccines today and the woman tells me the Japanese encephalitis vaccine costs $585. DAMN!!!

Anyway, from what I've read the easiest time to get this is in the summer/autumn and I'll be going around that time. Do any of you know any stories of people getting this? I'll be all over China including Hainan province so it looks like I'll just have to suck it up and pay for it. :(

Aug 11, 2010 08:04
  • DAVEC
That is a lot of money, but look at what would happen if you caught it.
When I had my jabs, the surgery had a list of areas and what it recommends for each. Dont think JE was on my list. Which is just as well cos after 8 jabs for rabies and hep b my arms didnt want to move.
Aug 12, 2010 10:14
  • TEXAS80
Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVEC

That is a lot of money, but look at what would happen if you caught it.
When I had my jabs, the surgery had a list of areas and what it recommends for each. Dont think JE was on my list. Which is just as well cos after 8 jabs for rabies and hep b my arms didnt want to move.

Yeah, that's the train of thought...what if. I've decided not to get the shot. As for rabies shot that's expensive too. I haven't gotten that one either.
Post a Reply to: Japanese Encephalitis - How prevalent is it?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code