Menu
Chinese girls in 1990s
Aug 11, 2010 01:32
  • DAPHNEB
Do you discover that Chinese girls born in 1990s are not beautiful?
Don’t be surprised. This is what director Zhang Yimou said yesterday. His new movie “The Love of the Hawthorn Tree” will hit theaters on Sep.16. The leading actress in a movie, named Jing Qiu, is pure and innocent in personality. But Zhang described it is very hard for him and his photographic group to search for one.

“Chinese girls are not beautiful as before, because pretty girls are all married to the rich, the old and coal bosses, not the handsome boys”

This is the final actress; she was selected out from more than 5,000 student performers. What do you think?

Aug 11, 2010 04:44
GUEST8426 "Chinese girls are not beautiful as before, because pretty girls are all married to the rich, the old and coal bosses, not the handsome boys”

Such girls are realistic. But this famous director seems a bit biased. There are beautiful girls in 1990s. He just didn't find one.
Aug 13, 2010 06:40
  • LARRYBOY
I agree Guest8426,, I see nothing wrong!! She is quite pretty,, maybe average to some people but still pretty.
Aug 14, 2010 12:03
  • CCYQ
so so.
Aug 14, 2010 20:35
GUESTLILY
Quote:

Originally Posted by LARRYBOY

I agree Guest8426,, I see nothing wrong!! She is quite pretty,, maybe average to some people but still pretty.

IS she pretty? I don't think so, maybe it reflects different aesthetic concept about girls' beauty between Chinese and foreigners. Or let me ask among Chinese actresses, who do you think is the most beautiful? or standard oriental beauties, Zhang Ziyi?
Aug 18, 2010 01:53
  • ENID
She is not beautiful but innocent. I like Dong Jie, girls like her are of oriental beauty.

Aug 21, 2010 13:30
  • PSYCHIATRIST
ENID, sense of beauty is individual taste and rather then is standardized.

I like Dong Jie, the girl from norther east coastal area. And as well I prefer the girl from China middle east coastal area. Both are from water areas and the representatives of Oriental beauty in mainland. i.e. sense of clean skin, peace, wisdom and power.

Travel image representative from Shanghai

Aug 21, 2010 23:01
Do we misunderstand Director Zhang? I admit that girls born in 1990s are pretty but their beauty is different from girls in 1980s and 1970s.

Girls in 1990s are more open and premature while girls in 1980s and 1970s are more reserved and innocent.

Director Zhang has spent a lot of time seeking a girl who is pretty and innocent. Finally, he used this girl to be the leading role in his movie. Honestly, she is not the prettiest but she looks very innocent, not sophisticated or premature.

Aug 22, 2010 03:10
  • DAPHNEB
hah, thank you all for discussing. Actually it is not only Zhang Yimou who discover this. Wang Quanan, a director Shaanxi, select one actress from more than 3,000 students to be his new work "Bai Lu Yuan".
Together with the Dream of Red Mansion, Li Shaohong got trouble in searching actresses for this classic. Seems Chinese girls are not innocent in appearance any more. Or can I say, girls in 1990s are not as innocent as they should be?
Aug 22, 2010 03:13
  • DAPHNEB
Li Meng from Wang Quanan's Bai Lu Yuan. She looks more beautiful than that of Zhang's, right?

Aug 24, 2010 04:11
  • ELLIOTT
I don't think so. they are not look innocent maybe because of their fashionable appearance. ot there is a gap between us as 1970s, 1980s and 1990s.

But about the movie Bai Lu Yuan, I think it will 'destroy' her life. be shut out for few years like Tang Wei.
Page 1 of 7    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Chinese girls in 1990s
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code