Menu
Relocation
Aug 12, 2010 04:08
  • RAINDROP
China has launched its biggest relocation project since the Three Gorges Dam. There are about 1.27 million residents are involved and supposed to relocate their home. On Aug 11, 499 villagers from Hubei province left their homes and make their way to a new town. Because their hometown, Niuhelin District of Danjiangkou will be submerged by water in 2014.

But as Chinese old saying goes, “Falling leaves return to their roots”, Chinese traditional thingking makes people unwilling to leave their born hometown. My grandparents are examples, they miss their home all the time. How about you? Do you ever think of move away from your home?
Aug 15, 2010 02:32
  • DAPHNEB
Just like a bird of passage, I grew up with several moves. So, it is ok to move again to anywhere I like. I am not a home sicker either.
Aug 16, 2010 01:52
  • NANCYMOON
The Chinese are deeply attached to their homes. Unless constrained by livelihood, they are usually reluctant to leave their homes. So do I. Moving to a strange place brings no sense of belonging although they may live there longer than their hometown. As we see the movie"falling leaves return to their roots", they even to make an arduous journey home.
Sep 1, 2010 02:50
  • RAINDROP
DAPHNEB, you think in this way bcz you are young, right? when you grow older, you may want to own yourself a real home there you are going to live your rest life. maybe you are sociable by this way.

Nancy, you are right, I think it is not only for Chinese, but all nations in the world. We need a home where we can live a peaceful life.
Post a Reply to: Relocation
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code