Menu
Living in China!
Aug 13, 2010 19:30
guest41228 Hi guys I'm having serious problems about the process of acquiring a visa to China. My situation is a bit complicated.

I'm Brazilian and I have 22 years old. A few years ago I applied for a program in my university to study in USA. In my first semester there I meet a Chinese girl and we started dating. We lived together in USA for 4 years and we end up engaged this year, but the program come to an end, and we returned to our countries to finished our universities. ( I'm graduated in Social Communication & Marketing, I studied English for 15 years and also my native language: Portuguese.)

After a lot of thinking I decide to go to China to learn the language for two years (I'm gonna take the X-Visa next month). After this two years learning the language, my intention was to find a job and change my X-Visa to an Z-Visa (that I could renew it from time to time), and marry her(in our plan that would take about 5 years).

The problem is that I'm recently graduated and have no job experience, only internship experience. I don't know if my University is valid in China and because of that I don't know if I can find a good job, and if the job and position are not good enough, I don't think I'll be able to get the Z-Visa.
When I talk about finding a job, I don't mean a high profile job or a high paycheck. I just need enough to live with some comfort and travel to Brazil once a year to visit my family.
After explaining my situation I have a few questions.

The residence permit for my X-Visa is only valid for one year, after that, how is the process for me to get an extension for another year? I will have to come back to my country for that process?

Is it possible for me to get a good job with my qualifications? Maybe in a Company?

Is it possible for me to get a job teaching English, Portuguese and maybe do some translations too?

If I can get a job teaching English. Do you guys think that the employer will help me change my X-Visa to Z-Visa?

To do the process of changing from X to Z-Visa will I have to go back to my country?

Every time that I renew my Z-Visa, will I have to go back to my country?

Do you guys think that I can live there for a long period of time (5 years) with this process of renewing the Z-visa?

Do you guys think that I can live there for a long period of time (5 years) working as an English teacher?
Post a Reply to: Living in China!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code