Menu
Relish the Moment
Aug 14, 2010 03:22
  • SHUI
Relish the Moment

Tucked away in our subconsciousness is an idyllic vision. We see ourselves on a long trip that spans the continent. We are

travelling by train. Out the windows, we drink in the passing scene of cars on nearby highways, of children waving on a crossing, of cattle grazing on a distant

hillside, of smoke pouring from a power plant, of row upon row of corn and wheat, of flatlands and valleys, of mountains and rolling hillsides, of city skylines and

village halls.
But the uppermost in our minds is the final destination. On a certain day at a certain hour, we will pull into the station. Bands will be playing and flags waving.

Once we reach there, so many wonderful dreams will come true and the pieces of our lives will be fit together like a completed jigsaw puzzle. How restlessly we pace

the aisles, damning the minutes loitering, waiting, waiting, waiting for the station.
"When we reach the station, that will be it", we cry. "When I'm 18", "When I buy a new 450SL Mercedes Benz", "When I put my last kid through collage", "When I have

paid off the mortgage", "When I get a promotion", "When I reach the age of the retirement, I shall live happily ever after."
Sooner or later, we must realize that there is no station, no one place to arrive at once and for all. The true joy

of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly outdistances us.
"Relish the moment" is a good motto, especially when coupled withe the Psalm 118:24:"This is the day which the Lord

hath made, we will rejoice and be glad in it." It isn't the burdens of today that drive men mad. It is the regrets over yesterday and the fear of tommorrow. Reget and

fear are twin thieves who rob us of today.
So stop pacing the aisles and counting the miles. Instead, climb moremountains, eat more icecreams, go barefoot

more often, swim more rivers, watch more sunsets, laugh more and cry less. Life must be lived as we go along. Then the station will come soon enough.

Aug 14, 2010 20:22
  • BOBERT
"Instead, climb moremountains, eat more icecreams, go barefoot more often, swim more rivers, watch more sunsets, laugh more and cry less."

And if you don't fall off the mountain because your raised cholesterol level has caused a heart attack due to eating too many ice creams; and if you can still walk after going barefoot and standing on broken glass and discarded cigarette butts, or contracted an infectious disease from walking barefoot in ankle deep spit, and if you haven't drowned in a river or been eaten by crocodiles, and if you are not blind from looking at the sun, and if you have not been put in an insane asylum from continuously laughing hysterically or not crying when you are in pain, try to enjoy your life.

Aug 15, 2010 11:47
  • LARRYBOY
LOL Now thats keeping it in perspective,, welcome back Bobert!!
Aug 16, 2010 18:15
  • COOLSPRINGS
I agree with Bobert - ENJOY LIFE. Anything that has happened or will happen has reason even though we don't know what it is. Anything that exists counts on the existance of others even if we have no idea how. Why we bother scraching our heads to figure it out. This is life scecrcy and Chinese unspeakable phylosophy - Yi Ching.

Post a Reply to: Relish the Moment
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code