Menu
Congqing - Yangtze/3 Gorges trip itinerary advice needed
Aug 15, 2010 04:31
guest21151 Hello,

Is it easy to do this trip on my own without joining a tour during end Sept ?

How is the best way to do it in the cheapest manner without missing the important sights ? I wish to see the 3 lesser Gorges and those workers pulling the boat that I heard alot before. If any overnight is needed along the way, which is the better place at night ?

I read about the hydrofoil trip which is much faster, is it advisable to take it ?

After that, I need to make my way down to Haikou.

Any advice and itinerary suggestion is very much appreciated.
Aug 16, 2010 01:55
GUESTETHAN You'd better join a tour froup. It will be a little diffict for yourself to do this travel.
Anyway, you may follow the following routes:
You can take bus from Chongqing to Fengjie and begin to visit Yangtze/3 Gorges. Stay one night at Fengjie. Then take speed boat to Wushan the next day and transfer yacht from Wushan to see the 3 lesser Gorges. You can board the passenger ship back to Yichang at night.
Aug 16, 2010 09:00
  • YINMEI
It is available to take a river cruise downstream from Chongqing to Yichang for 3 nights. And the boat would make several stops along the viver so the passenger can do excursion to visit lesser three gorges and three gorges dam etc.

Cheers!
Mar 3, 2011 07:11
  • LAKE
I too want to do this travel to the Lesser Three Gorges. Did you make the journey? Please share experience and suggestions.
I will be going the first week in April.
Thanks.
Mar 3, 2011 19:48
  • BL2022
Quote:

Originally Posted by LAKE

I too want to do this travel to the Lesser Three Gorges. Did you make the journey? Please share experience and suggestions.
I will be going the first week in April.
Thanks.

I think you mean Three Little Gorges. Why don't you just go to the Three Gorges, the scenery is more beautiful. Also, if you still prefer a short cruise, I think you could consider about Shennong Stream. I like it more than the THree Little Gorges.
Post a Reply to: Congqing - Yangtze/3 Gorges trip itinerary advice needed
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code