Menu
Chengdu day trip from Chongqing...
Aug 16, 2010 14:48
  • TEXAS80
During my 4 night stay in Chongqing I was thinking about visiting Chengdu for one day. Preferably checking out the Chengdu zoo. I haven't done enough research on Chengdu so I was wondering is it easy to visit Chengdu from Chongqing in one day? I assume train is the fastest since there are no flights between the cities.

Aug 16, 2010 20:31
  • JIMMYB
It is possible. You can take D trains from Chongqing North Railway Station (重庆北火车站) to Chengdu and then take No.9 bus to Chengdu Zoo. After finishing your visit, you can take D trains back to Chongqing.

D trains schedule
D5101 leaving at 8:00 and arriving at 9:59
D5103 9:10 11:15

There are other D trains too. You can check [tcgurl=http://www.travelchinaguide.com/china-trains/chengdu-schedule.htm]Chengdu Train Schedule[/tcgurl]

Ticket price: first class CNY 117 second class CNY 98.

Aug 17, 2010 00:19
  • TEXAS80
Thank you Jimmy B. This must be a CRH train since it starts with "D" correct?
Aug 17, 2010 01:22
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by TEXAS80

Thank you Jimmy B. This must be a CRH train since it starts with "D" correct?

Yes. It is a CRH train. If you take those regular trains, you will need 3-4 hours. Then you may not finish your one-day tour in Chengdu Zoo.

Texas80, I am thinking if you are going to visit pandas in Chengdu Zoo. If you mainly want to visit pandas, you may go to [tcgurl=http://www.travelchinaguide.com/attraction/sichuan/chengdu/panda-breeding-and-research-center.htm]Chengdu Panda Breeding and Research Center[/tcgurl]

There you can hold pandas to take photos. But the cost is very expensive.
Post a Reply to: Chengdu day trip from Chongqing...
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code