Menu
beijing --- xian --- shanghai ---- suzhou ---- beijing
Aug 17, 2010 13:57
  • BARCA88
I will be arriving in beijing sep 16 and returning back Oct 4 so i have bout 2.5weeks in china. My plan is to spend first week in beijing then on Sep 22 take overnight train to Xian spending 2or3 days not sure then overnight train to Shanghai spending 2 days (i heard from other forums not much to see in Shanghai despite its size but The Bund will be a must) with a side trip to Zhouzhuang then go to Shouzhou for 1 or 2 days not sure then train back to Beijing
Please give me suggestions on best possible route and time allocated any modifications or changes from my plan will be apprecitated most importantly starting and finishing point is Beijing.
Please advice also on whether i can find cheap hostel or budget hotels while in shanghai suzhou and xian as in can i just reserve hotel while im in actual city rather than booking online as i am not sure of the exact dates(For Beijing i will be staying at a relative so that should not be a problem)

Is the plan ideal that way or should i cut few destinations as i originally thought to do Beijing Xian but then it seems that adding Shanghai Suzhou together would make it better as i am a first time traveller to China. Thanks in advance
Aug 17, 2010 20:05
  • BAKUI
For Shanghai, Suzhou and Zhouzhuang travel, I think you should go to Suzhou from shanghai first, then go to Zhouzhuang from Suzhou. The transportation is more convenient. You can get some inspiration from [tcgurl=http://www.travelchinaguide.com/package/tour-sh02.htm]Shanghai-Suzhou-Zhouzhuang[/tcgurl]

There are many hotels in china nowadays. No worry about that.
Aug 20, 2010 00:44
  • BARCA88
yh but den i have to go to beijing so from which city would it best to do that because i also want to visit Hangzou actually so how should i fit that in the best way?
Aug 20, 2010 01:39
  • BAKUI
I arrange it this way:
Beijing---Xian---Shanghai---Hangzhou---Suzhou---Zhouzhuang---Suzhou or Shanghai---Beijing

There are buses from Suzhou to Zhouzhuang.
Post a Reply to: beijing --- xian --- shanghai ---- suzhou ---- beijing
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code