Menu
Guangxi remote land & water excursion
Apr 11, 2004 16:05
We're a very small team from different nationalities (westerners + chinese with base in GZ) who are organizing their upcoming trip to central Guangxi. This in fact will be our first official trip with the right-after intention of opening our website where we will promote dirt cheap traveling all over China and surrounding countries. What you pay for joining us goes toward equipment (which we get to keep), equipment maintenance, food, transport, insurance, etc...
All those who join us once, reserve the absolute right of having to pay less on your future trips with us. We are also planning to rent a house (not in this trip though)to provide free lodging for you guys coming from other cities of China, as GZ is known to financially be an unwelcoming place for backpackers & budget travelers. We are aware of the outrageous prices offered by outdoor shops (travel companies as well) in China. When complaining of the GPS & climbing gear prices we were told that their aim was to keep this sport oriented toward the "Rich Kid Status" and suggested us to do our shopping in HK (which we did with a promise of revenge toward these jerks). By provision of equipment from us, this sport can and will be more accessible to most individuals. With us, you don't get 5-star service. Instead you will sleep, eat in the nature like all the others, fulfill the necessary duties and carry luggage and equipment (no porters)
Our style is cross-loading team excursion. We try to stay away from populated areas except in cases of emergency and reloading

This trip will start April 30 Evening - May 8 Evening
Start GZ city - End GZ city

Activities:
Mountain & cliff climb
Waterfall climb
River rafting
Trail treking
Minority visits
Self-sufficiency

Anyone who speaks English can join
We shall not refuse someone based on their medical problems and condition. We promise to go out of our way to make these individuals comfortable.
We, however, have the right to refuse you based on your bad attitude, lack of reliance and especially on spoilness...
What you pay is 1600RMB and that covers ABSOLUTELY everything.
We offer: tents, sleeping mats, rafts, climbing gear, medical/fishing/survival kits, food, basic transport, basic accident insurance in your name, medical person, local guide when necessary.
Apr 11, 2004 21:40
  • PRONGS
Hi,
I like your team's idea. But as much as i want to join, im going back home by 1st week of May. I'm also a mountaineer. Unfortunately because of work no much activities since college. Need to ask you where exactly in Guangzhou can i buy good and reasonable mountaineering equipment such as tent, stove and day pack.
Apr 11, 2004 21:56
well there is the TRAVELER shop near China Plaza and also located on the road behind TEEM plaza, then another shop besides the same plaza with a lizard sign (forgot the name) There is another just outside the entrance of NonJiangsuo metro station and another in Cangbian lu after you cross Dongfeng lu on the way to XiaoBei lu.
If you need to meet and show you the locations on a city map, anytime
Personally though i buy my stuff in HK because here speculation in price with such equipment is incredulous. They buy it and sell it with up to 400% raise. I ain't got money for that. I'll post the website and future trip calendar right after is built in late May. Take care.
Post a Reply to: Guangxi remote land & water excursion
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code