Menu
question about from hongqiao to pudong in early morning
Aug 22, 2010 01:09
  • ZZZC
hey guys, im currently visiting friends in china, right now in nanjing. however, my plane back to europe is on sept 22nd, at 9:40am. So im wondering whats the best way to get to the airport on time from nanjing, whether its taking a train nanjing to hongqiao then take some shuttle service from there to pudong, or from nanjing to shanghai main station, and then use some sort of public transportation, if any exists during the night. Thanks for any help!
Aug 22, 2010 01:55
  • CHERRY07
ZZZC,

Train from Nanjing to Hongqiao and then shuttle bus to Pudong airport. I don't think you can make it. The earliest train from Nanjing to Hongqiao leaves at 5:46 am and arrives at 7:35 am. Then you need take the airport bus to Pudong airport. It takes around 1 hour. Then you get to the Pudong Aiprort around 9:40. Remember that the closing time for boarding the aircraft is 45 minutes to departure time for international flights. You may miss your flight.

The first airport route 7 leaves at 5:30 am from Shanghai South Railway Station to Pudong Airport. It takes around 1 hour. You may take K527 or T117 from Nanjing to Shanghai South Railway Station and then catch the first airport shuttle bus to Pudong airport. K527 arrives Shanghai South Railway Station at 3:58 am and T117, 4:32 am.

PS: for airport route 7 departure time, please dial 021-68855057 for details.

The second way seems available. But I suggest you get to Shanghai one day in advance. Thus, you needn't worry about missing your flight.
Aug 22, 2010 02:52
  • ZZZC
thanks cherry07 for the information, just 1 small question more. would you happen to know whether there are shuttle bus, or any public transportation service running during the night that's between train stations and pudong?
and what you said about arriving 1 day ahead is a very reasonable as well. thanks a lot.
Aug 22, 2010 03:44
  • CHERRY07
I am sorry. There are no airport shuttle buses during the night. The only choice seems to take the taxi. But it is very expensive. It costs much more during the night than the daytime.

Airport shuttle line 5 : 5:10-21:30
Airport shuttle line 7 : 6:30-21:30
Aug 22, 2010 06:40
  • ZZZC
thanks a lot cherry for the very helpful response :)
Post a Reply to: question about from hongqiao to pudong in early morning
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code