Menu
Shanghai Train Station
Aug 22, 2010 19:18
  • DANIAMARIE
Hi,
I am traveling to Shanghai for the first time. I will need to take a train to Ningbo. I'm really concerned about getting lost since I am on a tight schedule. Can anyone tell me if the signs at the train stations are in English? Is it hard to buy a ticket and find the right place to go to? Do I buy a ticket there?

Thank you!
Aug 22, 2010 23:15
GUESTDUKE Shanghai South Railway Station, the signs at the train stations are both in Chinese and English. Do not worry about it. You can find the right place according to the signs or ask for the station staff. You can buy ticket there, but you'd better book a ticket in advance.
Aug 23, 2010 00:50
  • DANIAMARIE
Thank you so much! Do you know where I could buy a ticket online?
Aug 23, 2010 01:06
GUESTROY
Quote:

Originally Posted by DANIAMARIE

Thank you so much! Do you know where I could buy a ticket online?

You can take bullet trains (D trains) from Shanghai to Ningbo. I have searched that there are 16 D trains. You can choose one according to your schedule.

Please refere to this page:
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/china-trains/display.asp?from1=shanghai&to1=ningbo&tp=1&image.x=0&image.y=0

It also has ticket reservation service. Just check it.
Aug 24, 2010 08:44
  • PRIYANKA
hi nice people,
i want to know is there a train from shanghai to guangzhou and yiwu.how far is it and how much do they charge.is guanghou and yiwu the best wholesale market.
Aug 24, 2010 22:47
  • BAKUI
Quote:

Originally Posted by PRIYANKA

hi nice people,
i want to know is there a train from shanghai to guangzhou and yiwu.how far is it and how much do they charge.is guanghou and yiwu the best wholesale market.

Yes, Guangzhou and Yiwu are very famous for its wholesale markets. There are many trains from Shanghai to Guangzhou and Yiwu.
Shanghai to Yiwu, 312 kilometers. rmb47 for a hard seat, rmb72 for a soft seat, about rmb110 for a hard sleeper and rmb165 for a soft sleeper.
Shanghai to Guangzhou: 1780 kilometers. About rmb205 for a hard seat, rmb330 for a soft seat, rmb380 for a hard sleeper and rmb 580 for a soft sleeper.
Aug 25, 2010 01:00
GUEST29105 thank you a lot.very help ful
Post a Reply to: Shanghai Train Station
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code