Menu
Gender Gap
Aug 26, 2010 02:09
guestJuliet Since 1980s, there has been an imbalance between male and female in China. Now this gender gap is going worse than ever. As I read from the internet, the statistic showed the imbalance of men and women is 130 to 100 in many provinces such as Shaanxi and Anhui.

It is prejudice and Chinese tradition that a family is good for raising a son. Adding the one child policy, and the tendency that many foreigners are likely to marry Chinese, there will be more men of marriageable age than women. If Chinese do not take measures to narrow the gap, it will lead to irreversible problems like abduction.

There may be ones who strongly against prejudice toward girls before marriage, but few of them can remain unchanged in their early years of marriage. And I can say it is most annoying for pregnant women but i9t seems no appropriate measure can be taken. How can Chinese correct their deep-rooted preference for boys?
Aug 26, 2010 03:13
  • SUNNYDAY
Maybe Chinese guys can marry those foreign ladies.
Aug 29, 2010 00:42
  • ENID
maybe Chinese should be westernized, or bring general concepts for Chinese family that girls and boys are equal on taking care parents. Cancel the old traditional that have a son to carry on his family name.
Aug 29, 2010 23:04
  • DAPHNEB
Quote:

Originally Posted by ENID

maybe Chinese should be westernized, or bring general concepts for Chinese family that girls and boys are equal on taking care parents. Cancel the old traditional that have a son to carry on his family name.

Totally agree, Enid, I don't want to carry burden to have a son in near future. Girls save trouble.
Aug 30, 2010 01:09
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by DAPHNEB

Totally agree, Enid, I don't want to carry burden to have a son in near future. Girls save trouble.

Why? Because boys are very naughty and they make troubles for you? I'd like to have a son in the future. Probably, you have noticed that there are toooo baby girls. Just in my company, only one of my colleague gave birth to a baby boy.

It is said that there will be 25 million bachelors by 2020. The situation might have changed in next generation because there are few boys.

So I wish that I could have a son. He will be very popular. If any girl wants to marry him, first prepare a house first. Haha.
Aug 30, 2010 21:18
  • CHERRY07
Jimmyb, you are so smart. So those who have had baby girls should accumulate money for their kids?
Post a Reply to: Gender Gap
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code