Menu
Visiting Dinghai, Zhejing Province
Aug 29, 2010 07:18
  • COLLYER
My wife and I are hoping to visit Shanghai next month. The main purpose of our visit is to visit the area where my wife’s father is from.
We have a handwritten note of the address which has been translated as follows:
Wan Yun Dongao
Dinghai, Zhejing Province
If we stay in Shanghai, how far and how easy is it to travel to Dinghai?
Aug 29, 2010 21:41
  • CHERRY07
Taking ferry is your first choice. Go to Shanghai Nanpu Bridge. There you will take the bus first to Xiaoyangshan and then take ferry to Dinghai West Ferry Terminal or Sanjiang Ferry Terminal. The total journey (bus plus ferry) takes more than 3 hours. It costs around CNY 100 to 120.

Or you can go to Shanghai Long Distance Bus Station near the Shanghai South Railway Station to take the long distance bus. It costs around CNY 130. The bus will take longer time than the ferry.
Last edited by CHERRY07: Aug 29, 2010 21:43
Sep 12, 2010 06:01
GUEST22169 Dear Cherry we really appreciate the reply it is quite daunting so this has helped a lot in relation to making us feel it is achievable.
We are aiming to arrive on the 19.9.10, do you know of a way of getting someone to write a letter for us to our family to tell them of our plans to try to find them please.
Any advice would be appreciated. My Fathers name was Foo Chang Sung
Doreen (Foo) and David Collyer
Apr 8, 2011 19:43
GUESTJAWNUNL... delet PLZ
Apr 8, 2011 20:54
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTJAWNUNLOALL

delet PLZ

Dear GUESTJAW...
Do you have any question about this post? Please tell us details.
Feb 19, 2012 07:17
GUEST26333 I have been in Dinghai 7 months and from Shanghai to Dinghai by bus is easy way. There is a bus stop Under bridge of Shanghai. take bus from this place and 3.5 hour later you can reach to Dinghai center
Jun 8, 2014 21:29
  • ABCNY
I am resurrecting this post because my wife and I will be in Shanghai in October and we would like to go to Dinghai to see where my mother-in-law grew up.

I would appreciate it if you can recommend:

1. The best way of traveling back and forth between Shanghai & Dinghai.

2. Some things to do and places to visit in the Dinhai area and a hotel and restaurants .

xie xie.
Post a Reply to: Visiting Dinghai, Zhejing Province
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code