Menu
Travel direction from UK via Hong Kong to China
Aug 29, 2010 17:44
  • SADELOWOTAN
Friends

Could you please guide and assistance me in relation to question below:.

(1) The closest or near international airport to any of my destination [Changzhou City and Jiangmen City] is either Shanghai Pudong Airport or Hongqiao Airport. The only available flight ticket from UK is Shanghai airport.

Is Shanghai airport the same as Shanghai Pudong Airport?

There is no direct flight to Hongqiao Airport from UK.

(2) Can you please give me direction from Shanghai airport to NO.8 Middle Huaghe Road, Xinbei Distric, Changzhou, Jiangsu, China by either Train or Taxi. Also, guide me to Canton fair centre at China [China Export & Import fair] from Shanghai airport. Guide me on the likely cost of the transportation by either means.

Assist me the likely lodging accommodation [4 or 3 star lodging] within the area.

(3) What is the total travelling hour [time] from Changzhou City to Jiangmen City?

(4) What is the best means of transportation between Changzhou City and Jiangmen City consider cheapest cost and time of arrival?

(5) There are flight booking problem [i.e. No available seat on flight within October] to either Shanghai or Guangzhou at China, alternatively there are available seat to Hong kong from UK.

Is it advisable to travel via or through Hong Kong airport to any of my destination [Changzhou City and Jiangmen City] City in China from UK?

(6) If Yes, Please advice [i.e. guide or assist] me on how to have best route of my journey from Hong Kong airport to either Shanghai or Guangzhou airport at China without heavy transport fare [by Air or Train or Bus]!

(7) How many hour journey is it from Hong Kong to either Shanghai or Guangzhou airport at China? And

(8) How frequent is the transport (by Air or Train or Bus) from Hong Kong airport to my destination [Shanghai or Guangzhou]?

(9) Is there Taxi service hire from China Airport to either of my destination address being a new comer and whom could not locate the address?

(10) If Yes, what could be the average cost of the transportation system within the China city?

(11) Is any of my visiting destination [Shanghai or Guangzhou] falls within Canton Fair [China Export & Import fair] location /area?

(12) If Yes, could you guide me on how to get to the Canton Fair [China Export & Import fair] location?

Your response to these question will be helpful.

Thanks
Aug 29, 2010 22:41
  • JIMMYB
1.Shanghai Airport includes Pudong airport and Hongqiao Airport. If you are not clear, please consult with your airline.
2.I replied your question in another post. If you arrive at Hongqiao Airport, just take D trains to Changzhou and then take a taxi to your destination. If you arrive at Pudong Airport, just use the shuttle bus running between Hongqiao Airport and Pudong Airport to go to Hongqiao Airport.

Train ticket and schedules:
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/china-trains/display.asp?from1=shanghai&to1=changzhou&tp=1&image.x=35&image.y=15

Shuttle bus: It costs 16-30 RMB.

You can get more info about the airport on these two page:
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/shanghai/pudong-airport.htm
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/shanghai/hongqiao-airport.htm

At Hongqiao airport, you can take 941 (during the day) or 316 (during the night) to Shanghai Railway Station. There are some trains to Changzhou too.

At the Pudong Airport, you can take airport shuttle bus line 7 to Shanghai South Railway Station. You can take trains there to Changzhou too.
Aug 29, 2010 23:03
  • JIMMYB
Personally, I think that traveling through Hong Kong airport to any of my destination [Changzhou City and Jiangmen City] City is better. You can easily get to Guangzhou and Jiangmen from HK. Just make sure that you have your visa.

HK to Guangzhou: the fastest way is: take A43 airport shuttle bus from HKIA to Sheung Shui(上水). It costs HK$29.2. The MTR station is 20 meters from the bus station. Just go to Sheung Shui MTR Station to take mtr to Lo Wu. It costs HK$20. Then cross the border to get to Shenzhen. Shenzhen Railway Station is very close to the border. Just go there to take D trains to Guangzhou. The second class ticket is CNY 80.

After getting out of Guangzhou Railway Station, just walk a few hundred meters to go to Guangdong Provincial Bus Terminal or Liuhua Bus Station(流花车站). There you can take bus to Jiangmen. The ticket is about CNY 45 and takes around 1.5 hours.

From Guangzhou to Shanghai, you can take train or plane as you like. Just learn to use the flight and train search on this website to get what you want.

For Canton Fair, please check this page:
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/canton-fair/hotel.asp

It has lodging info, introduction etc.
Aug 30, 2010 11:03
  • BILLCAI
Hi,
You can flight from UK to Hong Kong, then take express bus directly from Hong Kong airport to Guangzhou, you can stop at China Hotel(Guangzhou), it takes about 3 and half hours. Druing the Canton Fair, there are shuttle buses from all the 5 star hotels(some 4 4 star hotels as well) to the Canton Fair complex, it is free. During the Canton fair, you need to book the hotels in Guangzhou in advance, and you may need to prepay as well, the hotel prices normally is double or three times as the other time. As to Jiangmen, if possible, I suggest you to ask your supplier to meet you in Guangzhou and then take you to their factory.
For more question or you need any help in Guangzhou, please feel free to contact me, my email is: hotmail.com|caijun_Bill, and my cell phone number is: (86) 13710648656.
Cheers!
Bill Cai
Post a Reply to: Travel direction from UK via Hong Kong to China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code