Menu
Refusing to give birth to a baby
Aug 30, 2010 21:53
guestJoy We may understand there are many people who are refusing to bring children into the world as it is so full of trouble and violence. But how can this happen to many young couples in China? Why? because they are poor, and they do not want to let their next generation to be poor.

As I saw a piece of news yesterday, a 2-year baby girl owns a villadom, and she is famed as the youngest rich 2 generation in China. On contrary, children from poor family are born to be harsh in their life, to struggle with everything their parents can not protect them from. Education can not be reached as equal to the rich; the society does offer them fewer opportunities to catch up with others…. Groups with low income now are reluctant to have a baby.

What do you think, is this phenomenon an extreme tendency? Or just they are forced to make the decision?
Sep 4, 2010 16:14
  • DAVEC
I hear people all the time say 'you must have kids soon'. My question is why? why do we have to have kids?
They are not a fashion accessory, they are not something in fashion this year or an item you think you may like for a year or 2. They are a lifelong commitment, you have to look after them and support them.
They dont ask to be born, they have no say in that part of their lives.
Sep 4, 2010 22:14
GUESTJADE Why do we have kids?/ If this generation of young women don't start reproducing soon there will be a fall in the population. it is our mission, for human evolution. God knows why women need to take this responsibility.If I can shoose, I want to make an independent life for myself.
Sep 5, 2010 04:21
  • DAVEC
A fall in population would be great, this planet has too many people for the resources it has.
Sep 6, 2010 02:06
  • ELLIOTT
Aha, it is good for environmental protection. Children are troublesome not only in their childhood, but the whole life to their parents.

Chinese now are sensitive about this issue, they have to think it twice if they do not prepare enough money to support their growth, for education the most. The news I have read today reported that a middle school student paid RMB 10,000 for traning schools in this summer holiday. No matter what he learn, he is a money consumer. I think no one will be willing to have more children in that case.
Sep 7, 2010 02:06
  • JANE01
Elliott, that middle school student must have rich parents. If his parents were poor, he wouldn't have joined that training school. If his parents have money, just let them burn it.

Rich people have their ways of educating kids. So do the poor guys. If you don't have much money, you won't send him to such an expensive traning school.
Sep 7, 2010 22:25
  • KEVIN0518
Dave, will you contribute to decrease the population on earth?
Sep 9, 2010 00:43
  • DAVEC
I have no intention to add to the over population
Sep 9, 2010 02:28
GUESTLINGLING We may understand there are many people who are refusing to bring children into the world as it is so full of trouble and violence. But how can this happen to many young couples in China? Why? because they are poor, and they do not want to let their next generation to be poor.

You are poor but it doesn't mean that your kids will be poor forever. Maybe, he will become a guy like Bill Gates. Many rich people have been through hard times and finally they are successful.

People who hold this idea are very selfish. Without kids, you can live a happy life because you needn't spend money for them. right?
Post a Reply to: Refusing to give birth to a baby
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code