Menu
Chinese or western wedding ceremony?
Sep 1, 2010 22:15
  • ONMYWAY
I have noticed a very interesting thing. Many Chinese girls and boys prefer like western style wedding photos and wedding ceremony. A female friend of mine once talked to me that she preferred to hold her wedding ceremony in a small church. She would wear white wedding gown and her husband with white suit and bowknot. She would marry him with all blessings from the priest and the guests. But she doesn’t believe in Christianity.

On the other hand, some foreign men who marry Chinese girls like taking Chinese traditional wedding photos and their wedding ceremony are also of Chinese style and characteristics.

Which is your favorite?
Sep 4, 2010 12:15
  • DAVEC
If they are not religious why marry in a church, any blessing would mean nothing to them.
Some people do it just for the photos.
Sep 4, 2010 22:51
GUESTKARIDA all because of cross-cultural communication and globalization. Bride in white gown is fashionable and almost all couples take photos with it or wear it in their weddings. And also, many of them will change to a Chinese traditional red suit during their wedding party.
Sep 8, 2010 04:46
Well, Chinese people have mixed two things together. For wedding photos, they will shoot both in Chinese and western style. For wedding ceremonies, many people combine Chinese and western styles together. The bride and groom usually wear in western style. The groom wear formal suit and the bride wear white wedding gown.

Sometimes, the bride changes her costume during the ceremony. First white wedding gown and then red cheong-sam. But one thing has never changed----wedding ceremony process.
Sep 8, 2010 04:51
Which will I choose? None if possible. Holding a wedding ceremony is very troublesome. You have to prepare for it in advance, making invitation letters, booking a hotel to hold the wedding ceremony and the banquet etc.

If possible, I'd llike travel with my future wife together instead of holding an exhausting wedding ceremony.
Sep 11, 2010 01:42
  • DAVEC
I got married in Wuhan so had to do what the taitai told me. I had photos with both western suit and traditional Chinese costume.
Sep 11, 2010 22:47
GUESTJEAN like other girls, i prefer white gown in my wedding. but to marry in a church is unnecessary.
Sep 12, 2010 02:06
Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVEC

I got married in Wuhan so had to do what the taitai told me. I had photos with both western suit and traditional Chinese costume.

I checked our wedding photos again. I just see you took one special photo. You wear traditonal Chinese suit and your wife wear modern red dress. A combination of western and Chinese style. Very good.

PS: I still prefer the last one. Both wear ancient Chinese dresses. She holds Pipa (琵琶) in her hands, looking very pretty.
Sep 20, 2010 02:04
  • JIMMYB
Talking about wedding photos, some "pioneers" prefer to take nude photos. It is fashion to them. I am not going to try it.
Oct 15, 2010 04:07
  • ONMYWAY
Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMMYB

Talking about wedding photos, some "pioneers" prefer to take nude photos. It is fashion to them. I am not going to try it.

Well, you can take nude wedding photos. Just do everything to protect your hard drive and do not let others see your photos
Oct 17, 2010 21:56
GUESTLIUQIAN I have been invited to more than 3 Chinese wedding ceremonies. I have noticed that modern Chinese wedding is different from traditional Chinese wedding. Some western features have been added.

Nude wedding photos are too bold. I am not brave enough to accept it.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Chinese or western wedding ceremony?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code