Menu
Taiyuan to Pingyao and back
Sep 2, 2010 11:06
  • SLIMJIM
Hi
I am arriving in BJ on Oct. 23 and staying 4 days. On the 27th I plan to take the mid-day high speed train to Taiyuan arriving late afternoon. Can anyone advise the best way to travel from Taiyuan station to Pingyao and back 2 days later when I plan to take Z98 to Nanjing. Or even suggest a better way to get to Pingyao.
And, what is best way to buy the Z98 ticket. I understand that I can't do this in BJ so is it better to make the effort at Taiyuan station or when I arrive in Pingyao.
BTW, I am older Canadian male traveling alone with almost no Mandarin. This my 3rd trip to China and I am pretty relaxed and not afraid of making a wrong turn here and there.
Hope I make sense. Thanks in advance.
Sep 2, 2010 22:03
  • BAKUI
There are direct night trains from Beijing to Pingyao. But I think it is tiring to travel at night.
When you'll arrive at Taiyuan? If it is not that late, you can change to a bus to Pingyao. If it is late and there is no bus, you can go their by train. Tickets will be available at Taiyuan Railway Station. BTW, there are bullet trains from Beijing to Taiyuan which only takes about 3.5 hours.
Train Z98 is going from Taiyuan to Nanjing via shanghai, this make the tickets really in tight demand presently due to the World Expo in Shanghai. I'm not sure if it will be available when you are in Taiyuan. I'm afraid two days ahead of the departure day will be late to get a ticket. Maybe you can book it earlier from some websites.
Post a Reply to: Taiyuan to Pingyao and back
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code