Menu
How to from Yangshuo to Hong Kong?
Sep 4, 2010 11:04
  • NIJINI
Hello,
I am going to be in Yangshuo in Guanxi by the end of the month. My return flight to europe in from Hong Kong.
Does anybody knows how to get to Hong Kong from Yangshuo? Not by plane from Guilin. Many people I have talked to mention Zchenzen is a way. Any experience with that? How does a route from Yangshuo to hong Kong look like when it is through Zchenzen? Is it expensive?
I am planning to spend 2 or 3 days in Hong Kong. I have zero experience when it comes to china. Where in Hong Kong should I stay that will not bankrupt me? What area? Any tip on a hotel?
How much should I expect to spend in an affordable hotel.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Best regards,
RL
Sep 5, 2010 01:17
  • CHERRY07
What does Zchenzen mean? I suppose it refers to Shenzhen, right? You can take sleeping bus at Yangshuo Bus Station(阳朔汽车站). It is said that the bus will arrive at Shenzhen Yinhu Bus Station(深圳银湖汽车站). Just make sure where the bus stops in Shenzhen.

If you get to Shenzhen Yinhu Bus Station(深圳银湖汽车站), you can take a taxi to Luohu Railway Station. It takes around 20 minutes. There you can cross the Luohu Border to HK.

PS: It is said that many hostels sell the tickets. Just reserve your ticket one day in advance.

Or you can take bus back to Guilin Railway Station. There you can take [tcgurl=http://www.travelchinaguide.com/china-trains/views.asp?tid=T40/T37&s=guilin&e=shenzhen]train (T40/T37)[/tcgurl] to Shenzhen. It leaves at 21:23 and arrives at 10:35. You have to stay on the train for more than 13 hours.

Click the "ticket enquiry" button on the T40/T37 page to see if you can reserve the ticket.
Sep 5, 2010 01:22
  • CHERRY07
After crossing the Luohu Border, you can take metro to other places in HK.

Accommodation in HK: There are many hostels or guesthouse in Tsim Sha Tsui area, to be exact, along the Nathan Road. Or you can find some hotels on this page:
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/hotel/hong-kong-hotels.htm
Oct 29, 2011 07:43
GUESTGORDON ... After visiting Yangshuo I want to carry on my journey to Hong Kong, can I get to Hong kong direct from yangshuo or should I go to Guilin by bus and get the train via Guangzhou. Could i do this journey in one day .is there a sleeper train from guilin. or do I have to get to guangzhou .and how many hours roughly for the whole trip ,or could I fly direct to hong kong from yangshuo .thanks again guys
Oct 29, 2011 21:44
GUESTDAVE [quote=GUESTGORDON COOPER,447858]After visiting Yangshuo I want to carry on my journey to Hong Kong, can I get to Hong kong direct from yangshuo or should I go to Guilin by bus and get the train via Guangzhou. Could i do this journey in one day .is there a sleeper train from guilin. or do I have to get to guangzhou .and how many hours roughly for the whole trip ,or could I fly direct to hong kong from yangshuo .thanks again guys[/quote]

You need to go to Guilin first. Then take a flight to hong Kong directly. If you want to save some money, you can fly from Guilin to shenzhen, then take the airport shuttle to Luohu, pass the border to reach Hong Kong.
Oct 30, 2011 04:03
  • NIJINI
[quote=GUESTGORDON COOPER,447858]After visiting Yangshuo I want to carry on my journey to Hong Kong, can I get to Hong kong direct from yangshuo or should I go to Guilin by bus and get the train via Guangzhou. Could i do this journey in one day .is there a sleeper train from guilin. or do I have to get to guangzhou .and how many hours roughly for the whole trip ,or could I fly direct to hong kong from yangshuo .thanks again guys[/quote]

I took a night buss direcly from Yangshuo to Hong Kong. When the buss arrives in Shenzen there is usually one person waitng for the "transfer people". This person will take you on a local buss to the border. You walk though the border and show your passport and contnue. On the Hong Kong site there is another buss waiting for you. The buss will take you to downtown HK after passing through Kowlon.
My trip from Yangshuo to HK was very nice and the buss was a sleeper with beds inside, very pleasant. The ticket cost 400 RMB.
Post a Reply to: How to from Yangshuo to Hong Kong?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code