Menu
Which Guangzhou train station is better to Shenzhen?
Sep 6, 2010 01:15
  • TEXAS80
Is it better to use the Guangzhou or Guangzhou East train station when taking the high speed train to Shenzhen? Also what station in Shenzhen does the CRH train stop at?

Also what should I expect crowd wise and ticket availability for October 2nd? I hear that National Week can be crazy for travel.
Last edited by TEXAS80: Sep 6, 2010 01:24
Sep 6, 2010 01:23
  • JIMMYB
Both are ok. If you want to save some money, go to Guangzhou East Train Station to take D trains (CRH trains). Some D trains are faster. It takes about 1 hour and 6 minutes. The ticket price is CNY 95 (first class) and CNY 75 (second class).

D trains in Guangzhou Railway Station costs CNY 100 (first class) and CNY 80 (second class). It takes around 1 hour and 20 minutes.

D trains will arrive at Shenzhen Railway Station near the Luohu Border.
Sep 6, 2010 15:52
  • TEXAS80
Thanks JimmyB. It looks like I'm unable to purchase tickets in advance from this website(travelchinaguide.com). Is it possible that tickets are sold out for October 2?
Sep 6, 2010 20:01
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by TEXAS80

Thanks JimmyB. It looks like I'm unable to purchase tickets in advance from this website(travelchinaguide.com). Is it possible that tickets are sold out for October 2?

Don't worry, Texas80. The D train tickets are usually sold 20 days in advance. Take this for example. Today is September 7 and you can buy tickets before September 26. The D train tickets for October 2 have not begun to sell yet.

There are about 94 D trains from Guangzhou and Guangzhou East Railway Station. If you are not in a hurry, you can even buy the ticket on the day you leave.
Last edited by JIMMYB: Sep 6, 2010 20:01
Sep 7, 2010 01:02
  • TEXAS80
Good to know that National Day/Week won't screw up plans for taking the GZ-SZ train. :)

Sep 7, 2010 01:07
GUESTRAIN
Quote:

Good to know that National Day/Week won't screw up plans for taking the GZ-SZ train. :)

The railway station will be very crowded during the national day holiday. If you can buy the ticket in advance, just buy one as early as you can.
Sep 7, 2010 06:04
  • TEXAS80
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTRAIN

The railway station will be very crowded during the national day holiday. If you can buy the ticket in advance, just buy one as early as you can.

Where is the best place to buy one in advance? Online, stations or somewhere else in Guangzhou?
Sep 7, 2010 20:03
GUEST0851
Quote:

Where is the best place to buy one in advance? Online, stations or somewhere else in Guangzhou?

If you arrive at Guangzhou early, you can go to the railway station to buy it on your own. Or you can ask the hotel to book the ticket for you. As I know, the hotels can reserve the train ticket for you. But they usually charge you some money for the service.
Sep 12, 2010 04:38
  • ASIANGUY
I have been to both stations and their conditions are world apart !!

Go to the one that is right next to a subway station(under the same roof), very convenient and better conditions inside.
The other one is quite a walking distance(unsheltered) from the subway station although the city map showed it like they are together.

Take note in talking China trains, you MUST at the last entrance gate(just before the train) at least 5 mins(unlike anywhere else in Asia) before departure and it's NOT mentioned in the ticket although they allow you to change ticket to the next train without losing value if you missed your train. I was just on time once b ut the statioin master just don't allow me to get into the tracks althoug the train has not departed yet.

Problem with getting China train tickets is you cannot get online but GZ - SZ trains are so regular(nearly every 15 mins) you need not worry even on Oct 1 if you are prepared to wait 1 or 2 hours at most. If you have time, go get it once you arrive GZ.
Sep 12, 2010 21:59
  • TEXAS80
I'll see if my hotel can get a ticket, hopefully the premium isn't too much over the original cost.

AsianGuy, are you talking about the Guangzhou East or Guangzhou station as being the better station. I've read that the Guangzhou train station is "dangerous", not sure what the danger is.
Post a Reply to: Which Guangzhou train station is better to Shenzhen?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code