Menu
A genius at Beijing University is said to become a monk
Sep 7, 2010 21:03
  • ONMYWAY
He is a genius at math. Once he won the gold medal at International Mathematical Olympiad. He is also the Dream Lover of a famous young Chinese writer. Her name is Jiang Fangzhou. After graduating from high school, he was recommended to Beijing University. Not long ago, he had been granted a full scholarship from Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

However, he has given up everything after graduating from Beijing University. Now he is considering of becoming a monk.

Since he came into study in Beijing University, he has always been interested in Buddhism. He joined a society of Buddhism and became the chief later. Now he chooses to be a monk after graduation. Coincidentally, the founder of this society became a monk at a temple in the suburb of Beijing.

Genius is genius. He thinks differently from us ordinary people. Wish he could become a genius of Buddhism one day.

His name is Liu Zhiyu.

Sep 7, 2010 22:17
  • KEVIN0518
I have to admit that all genius people are crazy and different. Ordinary people can't understand them. He must have seen through the emptiness of the material world. Maybe, he will be a master of buddhism.
Sep 9, 2010 02:35
  • ONMYWAY
Quote:

Originally Posted by KEVIN0518

I have to admit that all genius people are crazy and different. Ordinary people can't understand them.

Agreed. If they are ordinary like us, they wouldn't be geniuses. I feel pity that he gives up his study. A mater of math may disappear. He can be a master of buddhism and math together if he likes.
Post a Reply to: A genius at Beijing University is said to become a monk
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code