Menu
Living in a big city or small city?
Sep 8, 2010 03:22
  • SUNNYDREAM
Last night, I chatted with my roommate in college. He told me that he wanted to get back home now. This guy has been in Shenzhen for 4 years.

He told me that he had changed several jobs. His salary has increased but he still can’t afford to buy a house in Shenzhen. And he is still single. Now he is planning to get back to his home town.

I asked him why he came up with idea. He told me that he couldn’t see his future in Shenzhen. It is true that there are many chances in big cities. However, you have to burden high pressure too. The competition is fierce. And you can never buy an apartment based on your salary. In his hometown, the living cost is much lower than Shenzhen. The housing price is cheaper too.

He seems to be tired of living in Shenzhen. Obviously, he can’t realize his dream there.

If you were him, would you go back or just stay in Shenzhen, a very developed big city?
Sep 26, 2010 02:06
Like this guy, I am staying in a big city (compared with my hometown) too. I can't afford to buy an apartment too. Sometimes, I also want to get back home. But I feel that I have been used to live here.
Oct 8, 2010 05:08
  • HERBEAT
No matter where you decide to stay, the most important thing to me is to be happy. If you are not happy, then you should have a dream, try it and then one won't feel regret when they get old. Or at least you could say to yourself that you tried. And to someone with very strong emotion and everything, he or she could stay wherever they are with their dream and make it come true...
Post a Reply to: Living in a big city or small city?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code