Menu
Jet Li to join the Legend of the White Snake?
Sep 8, 2010 04:01
  • CHARLOTT
The Legend of the White Snake is well-known to most Chinese people. It is a love tragic love story. The story tells of a young scholar who falls in love with a beautiful woman, unaware that she is a white snake who has taken on human form. A monk intervenes in order to save the scholar's soul and casts the white snake into a deep well at the Leifeng Pagoda.

It is reported that Jet Li will play the role of the monk. His name is called Fa Hai. The total investment is 200 million yuan. You know how much Jet Li earns if he joins the TV series? 80 million yuan.

The scholar will be performed by Raymond Lam, a singer as well as a performer in HK. The white snake also has a sister named Xiao Qing, a green snake. Charlene Choi, a very famous singer in HK will perform the role of Xiao Qing.

PS: Actually, Jet Li once performed a monk in the Forbidden Kingdom. And here is another martial arts super star who played the role of Fa Hai. He is called Chiu Man-Cheuk. That movie is called Green Snake.

Sep 8, 2010 04:10
  • CHARLOTT
The following are Raymond Lam (the scholar), Eva Huang (white snake) and Charlene Choi (green snake).

Sep 8, 2010 22:47
I watched Green Snake before. It is totally different. In the movie, the green snake is the definitely the leading role. She tries to lure the monk and she was nearly successful. She also lures the scholar but the white snake notices and stops her. The result is: the white snake is casted into the Leifeng Pagoda. She gives birth a baby. The scholar is killed by the Green Snake.

Chiu Man-Cheuk plays excellently in the movie. But I think that Jet Li will surprise us if he joins the TV series.
Sep 12, 2010 00:41
GUESTLUKE Do you know that in this 200 million yuan, Jet Li asked for nearly a half for the role Fahai. White snake has many old versions, so I think it may be out of pocket to shoot again.
Sep 12, 2010 02:24
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTLUKE

White snake has many old versions, so I think it may be out of pocket to shoot again.

The investors musth have had enough money to burn. Just let him burn his money. I am waiting to see Jet Li's performance. Don't know if he wil be lured by the Green Snake, haha.
Sep 20, 2010 02:09
  • JIMMYB
Jet Li has peformed as a monk many times. Remember "Shaolin Temple"? He became famous due to that movie. He fits the role of Fa Hai.
Oct 11, 2010 21:45
  • CHARLOTT
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTLUKE

Do you know that in this 200 million yuan, Jet Li asked for nearly a half for the role Fahai. White snake has many old versions, so I think it may be out of pocket to shoot again.

Yes. But those rich guys are willing to burn their money on it. I will watch it when it is done. I just want to see Jet Li. It is reported that he has promised to perform in the Legend of the White Snake.
Post a Reply to: Jet Li to join the Legend of the White Snake?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code