Menu
Do you still read newspaper?
Sep 12, 2010 00:57
  • CHERRY07
New York Times has announced that they will stop printing the NY Times sometime. In the future, they will mainly focus on online subscription service.

It is predicted that the newspaper would go out of print by 2015. Do you believe it?

For me, I just access to the websites to read the news. I haven’t subscript any newspaper though there are still a lot of newspapers in China. It is totally free to read online because there are innumerable websites in the world.

What about you? Do you still read printed newspaper?
Sep 12, 2010 01:57
It is predicted that the newspaper would go out of print by 2015. Do you believe it?

I don't think so. It is true that traditional newspapers face many difficulties in today's world as the internet is spreading very fast. It might be replaced some day but not so fast. If printed newspapers disappear, printed books will disappear too.

I personally hope that newspapers can be replaced very soon. In this way, trees will not be cut.

And I remembered that online New York Times subscription was not for free. You have to pay the money for subscribing.
Sep 12, 2010 01:59
PS: I don't read printed newspaper either. Like Cherry said, I can read the news online for free.
Sep 12, 2010 02:18
  • RAINDROP
agree with Lonely, newspapers will not be replaced so fast. But I do seldom pay for it these years, and books too.
Sep 12, 2010 10:24
  • DAVEC
I think they will go, there are other options now. Download to phone or ipod, read online, watch tv etc

Of course there is not an endless supply of paper.
Sep 12, 2010 21:42
  • JIMMYB
I use my cellphone to read online. When I am on the bus, dine in a restaurant or feel bored, I take out my cellphone to find something interesting to read, including the news. It is a good way of wasting your time.
Post a Reply to: Do you still read newspaper?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code