Menu
Can animals commit suicide?
Sep 13, 2010 02:17
  • ENID
“A kangaroo stands by the sea for a long time, and finally ends her life in the water.” The picture is shot in Australia by a traveler. After this news being reported, a professor said that animals can get depression too, the intense feelings of sadness... is terrible.

Last edited by ENID: Sep 13, 2010 02:22
Sep 13, 2010 02:19
  • ENID
he run into the sea...

Sep 13, 2010 02:21
  • ENID
being submerged

Sep 14, 2010 06:03
  • LARRYBOY
judging by photo #2 the photographer scared the kangaroo into the water,, Photo # 1 is shot from a distance so the kangaroo feels no danger. I dont belive the kangaroo committed suicide,, usually with most suicides kangaroos leave some kind of note or letter on the reasons why.
My opinion it was murder!!! not suicide. the photographer scared the Kangaroo in the water. A police report later showed that there was no suicide note and additional information showed that the kangaroo did not have any enemies except the photographer. An investigation is pending against the photographer.
Sep 14, 2010 20:22
The photographer scared the kangaroo into the water in Pic 2? Is it possible that the photograher just used his telephoto lens?
Sep 15, 2010 04:53
  • LARRYBOY
Can it be proven that it was suicide?? Is there research and documentation on animal suicide?? Please post!! I would enjoy reading it!
Sep 15, 2010 21:11
  • CHERRY07
We can not figure out if the kangaroo killed itself or not from these three pictures. If the guy shot a video, we would learn about the details.
Sep 16, 2010 03:48
  • DAPHNEB
I think, Larryboy is right. I read this news elsewhere on the net, there are other pictures that shows the kangaroo once looked at the photographer. he must be scared.

Sep 18, 2010 23:02
It is really complicated now. After seeing the pictures posted by DAPHNEB, I guess that he firstly used a telephoto lens to shoot the pictures. Then he might approach the kangaroo to take vivid pictures. If possible, the author should stand out and tell the public about the truth.
Sep 19, 2010 01:16
  • CARLOS
It's only natural changing. There are tens, perhaps hundreds of whales that commit a suicide every year by swimming to the dry land and most of them in New Zealand and Australia.

About the kangaroo photos, do you really think it would not have run some other direction after getting scared by the photographer. Who really thinks that if the distance is ... say 50 meters the kangaroo would panic after seeing a man?

I think the kangaroo was going somewhere which it thought would be there. Perhaps it was old and could not see well or some other kangaroo had banged it too much...

Carlos
Sep 20, 2010 01:25
  • JIMMYB
Well analysed, Carlos.

I think the kangaroo was going somewhere which it thought would be there. Perhaps it was old and could not see well or some other kangaroo had banged it too much...

Haha, you are a man of imagination, Carlos. The kangaroo might just swim in the sea. Then a guy used his camera to catch these photos. He thought that it was trying to get itself killed. Then we see "The Death of Kangaroo" imitating "The Death of Marat".
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Can animals commit suicide?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code