Menu
Real-name registration for kitchen knives
Sep 14, 2010 03:02
  • RAINDROP
The system of Real-name registration for kitchen knives has been carried out in some areas in Guangzhou now. This is a new policy during Asian Games in Guangzhou that the police announced about safety management of knives.

For people who want to buy kitchen knives and big fruit knives, they are required to register with real nemes, address, ID number, purpose and so on, based on appointed shops.

In addition, people are not allowed to take knives to public place or they will be fined.
Sep 14, 2010 04:43
  • JIMMYB
Ridiculous! Imagine: I have tried so hard to buy a kitchen knife after I show my name, ID card and address. Then a police shows up in front of me while I am walking on the street. He says "Don't you know it is forbidden to take a kitchen knife in public? You will be fined for taking your kitchen knife out.500 yuan, please." What should I say? The fact is I do have a kitchen knife in my hands.
Sep 14, 2010 04:54
  • BETTYTOY
JIMMYB, you funny, glad to see you here.

I have a idea for your situation just bring the policeman to the shop you baught the knife. There must be detail date information or even time written on it. Anyway, who will take knives when going out??!
Sep 14, 2010 21:20
Don't worry, Jimmyb. The fine is below 100 rmb. 500 rmb is too much. I still can not understand what this policy is used for. For the Asian Games Safety? If so, all kitchen knives should be registered.
Sep 18, 2010 07:06
  • LARRYBOY
I agree with Jimmy,, it still sounds ridiculous,,registering a knife still does not stop a crime if one is intended.
Post a Reply to: Real-name registration for kitchen knives
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code