Menu
FIFA angry about Chinese football scandal!
Sep 14, 2010 22:38
  • CHARLOTT
China has started a new anti-corruption sweep on soccer after former soccer boss Xie Yalong and two other Chinese Football Association (CFA) officials to assist in the bribery case of Nan Yong, another former soccer boss.

Now the investigation of Xie Yalong and two other officials of Chinese Football Association have been launched. This has further fueled the belief that the game in this country is rotten to the core.

The FIFA has already learnt about the news and been angry. FIFA urges China to handle the case as soon as possible and rebuild Chinese football. More importantly, FIFA says that it won’t support China to bid for 2026 World Cup due to the scandal exposed in China.

Two ex-bosses of CFA has been caught and investigated. If China can’t curb the corruption issue in football field, how can we believe it is capable of holding a successful World Cup?

Xie Yalong (left) and Nan Yong (right).

Sep 20, 2010 23:02
  • JIMMYB
If China can’t curb the corruption issue in football field, how can we believe it is capable of holding a successful World Cup?

Good question. But I think that there is no need to bid for the World Cup. I don't want to see Chinese men's team humiliated again.

Today, the officials says "Chinese men's team will enter 2014 World Cup definitely". I am waiting to see how this ends.
Post a Reply to: FIFA angry about Chinese football scandal!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code