Menu
I'll be moving to Beijing
Apr 12, 2004 15:15
  • ANNIE
From Texas, US.
I'm Chinese and had lived in Beijing for a couple of years. So if any of you need some help, please drop me a message. I'll be glad to meet you and give you some assistance.

My hometown is Xi'an so I'll be there too. Maybe I can also offer some help there.
Apr 12, 2004 15:16
  • JAME
Hi,
I will be travelling to Beijing some time in May and I am thinking of exploring Tianjin and Xian en route. As I prefer to do it at my own pace and time, travelling independently would be my choice (as opposed to guides or package tour). Just would you be able to give me some ideas about moving around in Xian (and Tianjin as well, if you are familiar with the place) - the transport system, do they have a metro and where can i find more information. More importantly, will there be any difficulty for a foreigner to explore the place(s) independently, as I have seen many offers of package tours?

I read Chinese during my college days (years back), so hopefully language is not a barrier except, of course, in accent.
Apr 12, 2004 15:18
  • ANNA
I'd like to suggest you to seek help from some local guides or package tour provided by travel services.You know, travel at one's own pace sounds indeed exciting, but when facing a totally different culture, you may encounter unexpected problems, and you may have no idea about the local custom as well as the information about scenic spots.
Apr 12, 2004 15:18
  • BETH
hI, MY SON IS PLANNING ON WORKING IN BEIJING, BUT
HE HAS SEVERE PEANUT ALLERGIES....SO BAD THAT THEY
ARE LIFE THREATENING.
HE HAS AN "EPPIE PEN"
(INJECTION NEEDLE WITH HIM AT ALL TIMES SHOULD HE
INGEST ANYTHING (HOWEVER SLIGHT) TO DO WITH PEANUTS.
WOULD HE HAVE TROUBLE READING LABELS IN FOOD MARKETS?
DO ALL RESTAURANTS USE PEANUT OIL? ARE THE HOSPITALS
ENGLISH SPEAKING?
Apr 12, 2004 15:19
  • ALAN
Please don't worry about that
Generally speaking, in supermarket the food lable is with English and Chinese.
And not all restaurants cook with peanut oil. You can show your special condition before ordering the dishes.
Apr 12, 2004 15:20
  • DAISY
I suggest your son can have his Chinese colleagues/friends advise him on the things he should avoid when in China. In addition, have his allergies written in Chinese and he should carry with him the note wherever he goes.
Apr 13, 2004 09:07
  • SCARLET
I'm going to Beijing in April, for one week. I travel quite a bit, but this is a first for me. I've had two hip replacements and I'm wondering if I'll be able to have access to most of the tourist spots? Any information you can share will be apprediated.
Jun 8, 2011 04:52
GUEST51106 i am planning to visit beijing this summer... how much would it cost for 1 week stay ????
Jun 8, 2011 21:16
GUEST1175
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST51106

i am planning to visit beijing this summer... how much would it cost for 1 week stay ????

It depends on you. Are you on a budget trip or luxurious one?
Jun 11, 2011 04:43
GUEST48184 well lets say on a budget trip...... how much it would tpuch?? in $ i mean
Post a Reply to: I'll be moving to Beijing
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code