Menu
Marriage is everything to women?
Sep 25, 2010 23:00
  • JIMMYB
Have you met a woman who is longing to get married? Listen to this lady’s story:

I am already 29 but still single. So far, I haven’t been really in love with someone. My first love came when I was 25. But we were together just for two months. He told me that he couldn’t give me what I wanted and then he left. In the following two years, I had dated several guys but we all didn’t make it. My friends told me that I was too picky. Actually, I wasn’t. I just didn’t meet the guy I wanted to get married.

Almost my female friends have been married and some already have kids. They seem to very happy. But why don’t I feel happy? My first lover came up again when I was down. We just met occasionally on the street. He said that he was single too because he didn’t find the right one after leaving me. Then we dated again.

However, this relationship didn’t last very long too. I scared him away. When I was with him, I was always trying to pretend as a “good wife”. Every time I talked to him, marriage was the eternal topic. When we passed by the wedding dress shop, I asked: “Do you think I am pretty when I wear wedding dress?” When we joined friends’ wedding parties, I asked him “Do you think how many guest we should invite when we get married?” He became silent when I asked these questions about marriage. Then I kept asking him “When will you propose to me?”

One day, he asked me out and said to me “I feel very tired when I am with you. You have changed a lot and I feel like I don’t know you anymore. You have talked marriage too much and I am almost going crazy. I am sorry.”

When he left me, I realized that I was too eager to get married and it was I who scared him away. Even I met the right one, I failed to step into the marital assembly hall with him. I am a marriage maniac now.
Last edited by JIMMYB: Sep 25, 2010 23:01
Sep 25, 2010 23:04
  • JIMMYB
Honestly, I would be scared away too if I met such a girl. I know why she is so eager to get married. But she should not ignore her boyfriend's feelings. She never asks how he thinks about marriage.
Sep 26, 2010 03:03
  • ONMYWAY
Marriage is everything to women?

Marriage is everything to those women who is above 28, haha. I will run away before I meet her.

Seriously, it is not a good idea to force somebody to do something before you ask him/her first.
Sep 28, 2010 02:04
  • CHARLOTT
Boys, can you be nice to this girl? It is no wrong that she is so eager to get married. As a boy, you can get married as you wish. 25,30 or even 40 is is ok. But girls are different, especially in China. When you see your friends are all married, you will be hurry. Wish she could learn a good lesson and find her real Mr. Right very soon.
Sep 28, 2010 21:39
  • ONMYWAY
Women will lower their standards on their future husband as they grow old. When she is 20, she is dreaming of marrying a handsome guy. She doesn’t care if he is rich or not. When she is 25, she is thinking of marrying a guy who is handsome and rich. When she is 30, she is just expecting to marry a guy who loves her and takes care of her. It is ok if he is not handsome. Life has taught her to be realistic. Romance can’t buy a bread for her.
Oct 17, 2010 22:10
  • FAERYGIRL
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHARLOTT

Boys, can you be nice to this girl? It is no wrong that she is so eager to get married. As a boy, you can get married as you wish. 25,30 or even 40 is is ok. But girls are different, especially in China. When you see your friends are all married, you will be hurry. Wish she could learn a good lesson and find her real Mr. Right very soon.

Marriage is your own business. Don't let others' opinions control you. Your friends' situation is different. They think it's time to get married. But it doesn't mean that you are ready to get married too. Don't be hurry.

If you don't think about it carefully, you might meet serious problems after you get married. As a result, you two might divorce.

Communication is the most important. You need talk to your boyfriend and listen to his opinion. Then you two can make a compromise.
Oct 31, 2010 21:55
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by ONMYWAY View Post

Life has taught her to be realistic. Romance can’t buy a bread for her.

Agreed. When they are young, they all believe that they are princesses and firmly believe that their princes will come and marry them and then live a happy life. As time goes by, they realize that princes and princesses just exist in fairy tales. They are as ordinary as others. Finally, they just marry ordinary guys.
Nov 28, 2010 21:25
GUEST110 mmh sure marriage cant buy bread...
but you also dont wanna end with someone you have nothing in common with, just like him because he has a house and maybe because he have money...
Love is still one of the most important things in a relationship. If he cant get the bread then maybe she should try it too... then he stays at home and clean up and everything and she goes working... or both go working..
If you really love someone you shouldnt say" i want a house, money and you do everything for it"
Job and house can be lost... but to find a nice guy (girl) is difficult
Jan 3, 2011 15:36
  • WMILLETTE
if marriage so important why chinese girls divorcing chinese husbands and marrying american men?

i think marriage in eyes of chinese not special or important commitment anymore.

i think marriage in all developing countries lost the meaning of what it once was...

i still hold it dear...just wish my partner will
Post a Reply to: Marriage is everything to women?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code