Menu
What are you going to do if you have such a mother-in-law?
Sep 26, 2010 02:57
  • ONMYWAY
At the end of 2008, I bought a 120 square meters apartment in Beijing. It was chosen by my future mother-in-law. She once said: “You can not afford to buy an apartment in a golden area. At least you should buy one with 3 bedrooms, 1 sitting room and a dinning area.” In order to buy this apartment, I spent all my savings. My parents sold their house in my hometown and gave me all their pensions. They said nothing because they thought their son should get married.

In May this year, my future mother-in-law urged us to get married. I was busy with my work during that time. Thus, my girlfriend was preparing for our wedding ceremony. Her mom (my future mother-in-law) learnt about this. She scolded her daughter “You are useless. I have never seen a woman who prepares for her own wedding. Where is your husband?” So I let my mom prepare my wedding. Surprisingly, my future mother-in-law came. When she saw my mom, she just said: “Your son is a loser. He still owes 300,000 to the bank.” I borrowed some money from the bank to buy the apartment.

My mom didn’t say anything to her but kept smiling. After she left, tears were dropping from my mom’s eyes. Then she came back home next morning. Later, I received my mom’s call. She told me that she was already back home.

Finally, I thought it out: “I am not going to get married. You think your daughter should marry a billionaire. Then just find one for her. My parents have endured too much. To buy an apartment, my parents sold their house and gave me all their money. I can not stand such a mother-in-law.” So I sold my apartment and gave 500,000 yuan back to my parents. And I still had some money left in my hands because the housing price had increased.

I broke up with my girlfriend and planned to start a new life. When I left her, I told her that I really couldn’t bear your mom.

A Beijing man told his experience on the internet.

The end!
Oct 15, 2010 08:11
GUEST15319 Life is too short to have a mother in law who is making your marriage and life unbearable...
You did the right thing.
Post a Reply to: What are you going to do if you have such a mother-in-law?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code