Menu
Au Pair in China: Living with Chinese Families and Learn Chinese
Oct 2, 2010 11:23
  • IVYZ
Hi All!

I hope you can spend a little time helping me with this: Thank you!

A lot of Chinese families are now looking for an au pair from other countries. I am setting up a website for the au pairs and Chinese families to select each other. I truly appreciate YOUR OPINION on this. Thank you!

Something to know first----Au pair in China
Unlike families in other countries, Chinese families focus more on language and culture exchange rather than sharing childcare tasks or house work. Chinese parents mainly expect au pairs to improve their children’s English (or other language abilities).

1 Have you ever imagined that you will live together with a Chinese family as an au pair, to experience Chinese culture and learn Chinese in daily life?

If not, why?

2 What’s your greatest concern about being an au pair in China except for visa and insurance arrangements?

3 There are au pairs who are working in China with the following remuneration:
1 20 hours/week, accommodation and food, 5000 air ticket subsidy, get paid 600RMB per month
2 35 hours/week, accommodation and food, 5000 air ticket subsidy, get paid 1200RMB per month

Do you think they are acceptable or how much pocket money is appropriate if accommodation, food, and 5000 air ticket subsidy will be provided?

Please specify your expectation of pocket money:___________

(But please know that you and the family are free to decide the amount of your pocket money.)

4 Please rate the following items with 1—5(1: least important; 5: most important):
A Position (City) of the family:
B Age of the child (ren) :
C Amount of pocket money :
D Whether there are someone in the family who can speak English:
E Other:________________

5 Through such a website where you can get access to all the Chinese family’s contact information, how much will you pay for the service ( )
A 59 Euro for 90 days
B 39 Euro for 90 days
C 20 Euro for 30 days

6 Any suggestions would be welcome:

THANK you very much for your time!!

I have invested a lot of time to investigate this project. Now I almost can solve visa and legality problems. If you are highly interested in this programme, please leave me your email address here. The first 50 people who send their email addresses can use our service for free.

Please leave a message here or email to hotmail.com|andrewmalay
Oct 2, 2010 16:32
  • APAULT
From a western perspective, a person thinking of becoming an au pair should not pay anything at all. It is totally against most law in western countries, so the young people are not likely to apply. From a Chinese perspective, westerners who seek jobs in China are not asked for any fees, so why for being an au pair?

I strongly advise potential au pairs NOT to pay any money..... there are just many, many Chinese who would happily provide you with free accommodation and food and probably some some pocket money in return for helping with children and teaching them English. As a near retirement male I have received free accommodation and food for providing a couple of hours English contact a day...and I know I could find new opportunities anywhere.

Of course, Ivyz can help with introductions etc and make it so much easier, but let your perspective hosts pay the fees. And still, good luck Ivy.... just don't ask for money from the young foreigners, get the Chinese parents to pay...those who seek au pairs can afford it!!
Oct 2, 2010 23:46
  • IVYZ
Quote:

Originally Posted by APAULT View Post

From a western perspective, a person thinking of becoming an au pair should not pay anything at all. It is totally against most law in western countries, so the young people are not likely to apply. From a Chinese perspective, westerners who seek jobs in China are not asked for any fees, so why for being an au pair?

I strongly advise pot...

APAULT,
Thank you so much for your sincere comment. It's helpful.

My website will let the au pair and family to register and show their profile for free. Just those who wants to get the contact information have to pay a little amount of fee. Young foreigners don't need to pay and can just wait for the families to contact them, unless they want to get the families' contact information.
Oct 4, 2010 09:30
  • ATTA_BUTT
I think idea is not bad you should work on that.
Oct 4, 2010 10:45
  • IVYZ
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATTA_BUTT

I think idea is not bad you should work on that.

Thank you for supporting! :)
Jan 3, 2011 20:42
GUESTMASHA I want to be an au pair.Love playing and working with children very much and I like travelling around the world.I enjoy learning different languages and cultures. And China is my dream. And, maybe, i can be an au pair in China?
email me masha744 @ hotmail . com
Jan 18, 2011 00:50
GUEST19102 If this idea doesn't take off right away - have patience. In a few years when the RMB is stronger and the Chinese economy rebounds faster than the rest of the world - you could have a viable business of people realizing that they need to learn Mandarin, and too poor to do it any other way.
Post a Reply to: Au Pair in China: Living with Chinese Families and Learn Chinese
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code