Menu
Dare you take nude wedding photos?
Oct 8, 2010 02:43
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 124 vote(s)
  2. 30 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
Taking nude wedding photos has become popular now. Many young guys born in late 1980s or early 1990s take nude wedding photos to record their youth time. I am not as young as them and never think of taking nude wedding photos because I am afraid that my privacy might be divulged.

What about you?
Oct 8, 2010 03:11
  • GAFFER
I haven't been fortunate enough to be invited to a nude wedding yet Or are these photos taken on the wedding night in private?
Oct 8, 2010 03:32
Quote:

Originally Posted by GAFFER

I haven't been fortunate enough to be invited to a nude wedding yet Or are these photos taken on the wedding night in private?

You may attend a Japanese wedding ceremony. I have heard that nude wedding is held in Japan.

The nude wedding photos are not taken at the wedding night. The couples just go to the photographic studios and let the photographers take nude photos for them. Don't know if they sign an agreement with the photographers.
Oct 8, 2010 12:37
  • DAVEC
I never got asked to photograph a nude wedding, although I was asked to takes some photos of a woman nude to send to her husband who was working in another country.
Oct 8, 2010 22:21
Good experience, Dave.

As I said, I won't take nude wedding photos. Privacy is very important to me. I don't want to see me naked on the internet one day. After Edison Chan's photo scandal, Chinese people have realized that it is very important to protect their privacy. My friend is very cautious. Last time, his laptop was broken. He brought it to the Customer Service Center. The technician found out that there was something wrong with the fan. Before he left his laptop to the technician, he took away his hard drive.

I have also heard that some people even sign confidentiality agreement with the customer service center when they send their broken laptops there.
Oct 9, 2010 03:13
  • DAVEC
I said no to the job. Its not the sort of work I do.

Privacy is as big an issue as copyright nowadays. I suppose in some ways its a private copyright.
As a photographer you cant sell photos or images that show a person in them without that persons written permission.
Thats one of the reasons I cant sells all the photos on my website, only the ones without people in are mine to do whatever I want with.
Oct 11, 2010 06:24
  • GAFFER
Dave
Perhaps we should promote ourselves as International blindfolded nude wedding photographers using wet film and include the negatives in the deal.
Oct 11, 2010 21:22
A good photographer should have professional ethics, like you, Dave.

Talking about wedding photos, I have a question: In previous years, you couldn’t get all your photos if you take wedding photos in the wedding studio. They didn’t give all photos to you. You just chose some photos. If you wanted to get more photos, you had to pay extra money. Because of fierce competition, the wedding studios now allow their clients to copy all photos.

My colleague just took his wedding photos before the National Day Holiday. He got all his photos back. Now he is upset about these photos because he can’t use Photoshop to retouch his photos.

He let me see his wedding photos but I just feel that there is something wrong. I almost can’t recognize him. The photos are overdone by PS. They are not real.

PS is too powerful. If you look the pictures of those entertainment stars on the internet, you will find that almost all pictures have been retouched by Photoshop.
Oct 11, 2010 21:33
Quote:

Originally Posted by GAFFER

Dave
Perhaps we should promote ourselves as International blindfolded nude wedding photographers using wet film and include the negatives in the deal.

Haha, you two will be famous if you go to China to do nude wedding photos.

Gaffer, do you mind sharing some tips on taking wedding photos during the ceremony? My friend told me to do this job for him. He is going to get married at the end of November.

I have already told him that I am just an amateur, not a professional. I am afraid of letting him down. So I asked him to find a professional photographer to do this job. But he said that I could do it for him.
Last edited by LONELYJOURNEY: Oct 11, 2010 21:34
Oct 12, 2010 05:33
  • GAFFER
I would be happy too, but a traditional UK wedding is very different to a Chinese wedding.

In the UK (and US) the photos are a record of the wedding day, sometimes beginning at the brides home where she is getting ready for her big day. The photographer will then rush to the church (or wedding venue) and take photos of the guests arriving and maybe some of the groom with his best man and ushers. The brides mother and bridesmaids will then arrive and photos are taken of them. Finally the bridal car will arrive with bride and (usually) her father. Photos are taken of them getting out of the car (posed) and walking to the church door. Here she will pose with her bridemaids ready for the procession down the church aisle. From this point there can be rules as to what the photographer is allowed to do. Some ministers do not like the distraction of someone taking photos during the service. Some allow it without flash, perhaps only the ring ceremony.

The legal part of the wedding is signing the marriage register. In a church this is usually carried out in a small room with only the close relatives in attendence. In a wedding venue it would be in full view of the congregation. A photo opportunity is usually set up after the signing. The bride and groom then process back up the aisle and the photographer needs to take a shot of this (in a church with the big east window as a background if possible). Outside, photos will be taken of the bride, bride and groom, and groups with bridesmaids and guests. If he is lucky the photographer may find a nice area in the church grounds for some portrait type shots. If not he should know of somewhere close by where these can be taken. The bride and groom usually then travel to some place where the wedding reception (celebration meal) will take place. Photos are taken of them getting into the car (or whatever transport)and inside the car. Then the photographer needs to get there preferably before the guests arrive. He then has an opportunity to set up photos of the couple pretending to cut the traditional wedding cake (the real cutting usually happens much later) and maybe some toasting each other. If he is lucky he can then make his escape.

Of course there are many variations on the kind of wedding photos taken, some might prefer a less traditional style. There are also many kinds of wedding venue for none religious weddings which can make life easier or even more difficult. Some couples might have some pre wedding (romantic) shots taken, but rarely in the style of Chinese photos. A wise photographer quickly makes friends with the best man, or a groomsnman who knows many of the guests. Using him helps enormously in setting up group shots of relatives and friends.

Oct 12, 2010 05:36
  • GAFFER
As you can see everything happens on the same day unlike many Chinese weddings where the actual wedding might be on a different day to the celebration. The photographer has to be prepared for inclement weather and all kinds of other disasters that can happen. I have not attended a religious ceremony in China so I don't know if official photos are taken at this time. However, this might give you an idea of how things work in the UK.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Dare you take nude wedding photos?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code