Menu
Dare you take nude wedding photos?
Nov 3, 2010 04:50
GUEST3057
Quote:

Originally Posted by LARRYBOY

These days nothing is private and your photos will eventually end up on the internet.

Do not take any nude photos. I have read many news about how boys disclosed their girls' naked photos on the internet. If your boy asks you to take nude photos, just say "NO". Learn to protect yourself from being harmed.
Jul 19, 2011 18:08
For portrait work have you considered a macro lens? Sounds a little odd at first but you get a shallow depth of field which defocuses the background nicely. I use a Nikkor 24-70 f2,8 zoom on a D700 and a 90mm f2.8 Tamron macro on a D300 and find I get most of the shot I need with this kit. Also, get the flash 'off camera' using a cord or radio trigger, this gives you more control over suddenly transparent fabrics becoming transparent. Naked photos? not good. Suggestive photos make the mind's eye work harder and are more fun.
Jul 19, 2011 21:20
THERIVERBOATMAN,

Are you a professional studio photographer?

I know that some pros use D700 and Nikkor 24-70 f2,8 zoom to shoot portraits in the studios. The photos are really great. Do you use 90mm f2.8 Tamron macro to shoot portraits? Is it ok?

Nikkor AF 85mm f/1.4D is used by many people to shoot portraits. Why not buy this one?

Actually, I have D90 with AF-S 18-105 VR lens. Many reviews claim that 18-105 VR zoom is cheap but the quality is very good. Well, I haven't been used to it. Sometimes, it is difficult for me to master the camera and the lens.
Jul 21, 2011 02:31
LONELYJOURNEY,

No, I am not professional. I am a very keen amateur. Photography is my love in life, always has been. I finally saved enough money to buy kit when I found a better job. It has taken me 30 years (I'm 52) to get a pair of good bodies and four lenses. Yes, I use the 90mm for portraits although it was purchased to take macro shots of products where I work. The portrait shots from it are very good.

The 85mm 1.4 is very well thought of and I was thinking of purchasing one but I needed a macro lens. It just happens the macro is good for portrait work too.

The 18-105mm lens is one of my favourite lenses. Yes, they call it a consumer zoom in the U.K. Mine was kitted with a D80 about 4 years ago. When I sold the body I kept this lens for the D300s. My favourite photograph was taken with this lens in the winter of last year, a long exposure of a snow scene.

The D700 and 24-70 are relatively new to me so I am still learning the body and lens combination. I must say that they are good together and I hope when I get it together they will make good images.

I agree, it is difficult to master camera and lens combinations to get good 'out of the camera' shots. Personally, I never use photoshop to 'enhance' images, I like the reality of the image if it is not modified. Having said that, I do use Adobe Lightroom to adjust exposure and for image noise removal.

Jul 21, 2011 03:05
Cool, THERIVERBOATMAN.

I am also keen on photography. That's why I bought D90 with 18-105 zoom last year. DSLR is totally different from the digital camera. I used to take photos with my nikon P5100. It was much easier to take some nice photos. But it is difficult for me to take good photos with D90 kit. So I bought some books to learn about the photography.

I have seen many portraits shot by people who use D700 and 24-70. They are excellent. Could you share some photos if you don't mind? Maybe I can learn something useful from you.

Adobe lightroom is nice. I got a video tutorial to learn about how to use it.

"Personally, I never use photoshop to 'enhance' images."

You reminds of another guy on this forum, Davec. He is a photographer. He also prefers original photos.

Page 3 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Dare you take nude wedding photos?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code