Menu
A great photographer
Oct 13, 2010 04:02
A New York photographer took an amazing image---a lightening bolt was captured as it struck the statue of Liberty. He spent nearly two hours poised with his camera and took more than 80 other shots before striking lucky with this particular bolt of lightning at 8.45pm on September 22.

He is Jay Fine, 58 years old. It is said that he has been trying for more than 40 years to capture this image.

Oct 13, 2010 10:57
  • CARLOS
It's very easy to believe. I have taken hundreds of photos of thunderstorms wishing my camera would click same time a lightning strikes. Still no results.

Carlos
Oct 13, 2010 21:06
Quote:

Originally Posted by CARLOS

It's very easy to believe. I have taken hundreds of photos of thunderstorms wishing my camera would click same time a lightning strikes. Still no results.

Carlos

Be careful, Carlos. Don't get struck by the lightening or thunder. Also, protect your camera very well when you take lightening and thunder images. I read that a guy's Nikon D700 was broken after he tried to take images of ligthening and thunder on the internet. When you catch nice images, do not forget to share with us.

You have to pay a lot to take wonderful images. Like this guy, he has been waiting for more than 40 years to take such a photo.
Oct 15, 2010 11:36
  • CARLOS
Heh, no danger for me or my camera. I just sit on my cottage sauna terrace ander the roof, drink 18 yo scotch single malt and press the camera button.

Carlos
Oct 16, 2010 22:31
Quote:

Originally Posted by CARLOS

Heh, no danger for me or my camera. I just sit on my cottage sauna terrace ander the roof, drink 18 yo scotch single malt and press the camera button.

Carlos

Just be careful unless you want to buy a new one. Most DSLR feature CMOS sensor now. If you don't do anything to protect the sensor, your camera will be easily broken.
Oct 19, 2010 04:41
  • CHARLOTT
What about the statue of Liberty? Is it ok after being struck by the lightening bolt?
Oct 19, 2010 21:38
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHARLOTT

What about the statue of Liberty? Is it ok after being struck by the lightening bolt?

Don't worry, Charlott. The statue of liberty has been struck many times in the past and it still stands there. They must have done something to protect the statue from extreme weather.
Post a Reply to: A great photographer
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code