Menu
Do you prefer to travel during the peak-travel period?
Oct 13, 2010 21:57
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 5 vote(s)
  2. 28 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
Chinese people prefer to travel during the peak-travel period, for example, the National Day Holiday. At the usual time, people are busy with their work. They have no time to travel with their families. Thus, most families choose to travel during the holidays.

If you once traveled during the holidays, you would have seen thousands of people were swarming into those popular tourist attractions. This Mid-Autumn Festival, I went to the Big Wild Goose Pagoda. I just stayed there less than ten minutes and went away. There were too many tourists. You even couldn’t get into the toilet because there was always a very long queue outside the public toilet.

Very horrible experience! I think that I won’t travel during the holidays or festivals again. What about you?
Oct 14, 2010 06:36
  • RICHARD121
Well it depends upon you which type of traveler you are. If you want to enjoy the festive season then go in for the peak time. Do keep in mind, travelling in festive season means that things like accommodation, commuting and food would be double or even triple than normal. But if you are in for a cool holiday to relax your mind and body then don’t go for peak time. Festive season is not the good time to have relaxing and peaceful trip.
Oct 14, 2010 07:11
I vote for 'No', as I would definitely avoid traveling during peak season.
Oct 17, 2010 07:09
  • APAULT
There are different types of 'travel'. Chinese people travel at the Spring Festival to see family, just as many westerners do for Christmas. This is very different from free choice travel, such as many westerners do for 'summer holidays' or 'winter breaks', or international travel to see a country such as a trip to China.

For free choice travel I would much rather travel when things are quiet. In general I would guess many Chinese would too.....BUT, Chinese seem to enjoy having big crowds around as it adds atmosphere. And I accept that places like Guilin or Lijiang would look very forlorn if there were few visitors.

The bottom line for me: why would I want to pay more for travel and accommodation, why would I want to want to wait 30 minutes to take a photo without a horde of strangers in it, why would I want to queue up to visit anything? I wouldn't, I will go out of season any time!
Oct 17, 2010 21:32
  • SUNNYDREAM
I hate to travel during the holidays. I just stayed at home and accompanied my parents during this national day holiday. Last Saturday was Double Ninth Festival. It is said that more than 1 million people have been to the expo site. I am scared.

Oct 18, 2010 09:49
  • ATTA_BUTT
Quote:

Originally Posted by SUNNYDREAM

I hate to travel during the holidays. I just stayed at home and accompanied my parents during this national day holiday. Last Saturday was Double Ninth Festival. It is said that more than 1 million people have been to the expo site. I am scared.

If you hate travel during holidays then how you can enjoy gathering, how you can get experience and emotions from people. It is a contact from people to people. If there is not big trouble then it should take as a good enjoyment, but there is not a bad idea to avoid soaring crowd for personnel safety. my vote is fifty fifty.
Oct 18, 2010 22:04
  • SUNNYDREAM
Dear Atta_butt,

I hate traveling during the holidays BECAUSE there are too many people. I just want to enjoy the beautiful landscapes, not swarms of people. Think about it. You can not even find a toilet. Do you think you will have a happy journey?
Oct 19, 2010 02:03
  • BIRDROCKSTER
Traveling during non-peak periods is much less stressing. Peak period adds stress when trying to buy a ticket at the train station (often sold out quickly), walking around areas with many other people and having to wait in lines is no fun either. True, its an intersting experience to be in the "mass migration" that occurs during peak travel periods, but I think traveling during a non-peak period is much more preferable.
Oct 19, 2010 07:28
  • ATTA_BUTT
Quote:

Originally Posted by SUNNYDREAM

Dear Atta_butt,

I hate traveling during the holidays BECAUSE there are too many people. I just want to enjoy the beautiful landscapes, not swarms of people. Think about it. You can not even find a toilet. Do you think you will have a happy journey?

I am agree with you and appreciate your choice but my vote is fifty fifty. I face crowed in China. I was in trouble when couldn’t find toilet, but it was an experience, I think if we hate this we can’t manage any thing, mostly people move during these days because of their own problems. It is hard to understand problems of common people. There is a pig gape between common and uncommon people. May this is a dissimilar idea. I know there is no happiness during journey.
Oct 19, 2010 21:31
A lonely journey is wonderful. For me, I definitely travel during the off-peak season. I have seen people everyday. During my journey, I just want to appreciate the landscapes. That's why I haven't been to the Expo because I don't want to queue for 12 hours to visit a pavilion.
Oct 20, 2010 01:00
  • TRAVELLER420
i prefer to travel during off time but sometimes travelling at peak hour is more enjoyable,but quite painful due to rush but if plan your travel well you can easily avoid your trouble.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do you prefer to travel during the peak-travel period?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code