Menu
Poor lovely dolphins
Oct 15, 2010 03:21
  • CHARLOTT
Dolphin hunting in Taiji (a small fishing village in Japan) attracts international criticism from many sectors. But the locals still kill the dolphin.

Every September to March is the hunting season. During this time, the locals hunt the dolphins, kill and sell them. Some of the dolphins are lucky because they will be sold to the ocean museums. Just in 2007 season, 1,569 cetaceans in Taiji were killed.

Last year, a documentary called The Cove won the Oscar. It describes the annual killing of dolphins at Taiji Town. I highly recommend you to watch this documentary.

The dolphins' blood reddened the water.

Oct 15, 2010 03:22
  • CHARLOTT
Killing and dragging the dolphin into the boat.

Oct 15, 2010 03:23
  • CHARLOTT
Lovely dolphins......

Oct 15, 2010 07:11
  • MATZ
Hi Charlott, you're totally right about that, I'm just wondering why did you put your post under amusement?
I don't want to make a comparison because they are two separate issues, but before to find out about [tcgurl=Bear farming for bile extraction]Bear Farming[/tcgurl] I thought that dolphin hunting in Taiji was one of the worse case I ever heard but now I think that killing is better than farming ....
Oct 16, 2010 22:34
  • CHARLOTT
Quote:

Originally Posted by MATZ

Hi Charlott, you're totally right about that, I'm just wondering why did you put your post under amusement?

Sorry, I just did not find a proper place to post my thread. The posts in the Observer are mainly about China issues. However, what I posted was about Japan.
Post a Reply to: Poor lovely dolphins
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code