Menu
Bear farming for bile extraction
Oct 15, 2010 07:01
  • MATZ
I recently found out about bear farming for bile extraction in China and South East Asia. Do you guys are aware of what's going on about it? There are a lot of info and petitions around .. I never imagined something like that, killing is nothing in comparison ...
Oct 16, 2010 11:26
  • CARLOS
Just a few months ago I watched a document about it from tv. It was really sad.Ancient chinese medicine is well respected but there are many bad things in it too. For example FAO estimates that over 30 million sharks are killed every year for shark fins.

But farming bears for bile extraction... disgusting.

Carlos
Oct 16, 2010 22:25
GUEST8578 For example FAO estimates that over 30 million sharks are killed every year for shark fins.

Shark fins are also used in ancient Chinese medicine?
Oct 17, 2010 09:26
  • CARLOS
Shark fin soup is said to be good to sexual capability, as well as tiger bone powder or sea horse powder. They say big sharks are quite rare nowadays compared to some times earlier and sea horses are in danger to disappear.

Carlos
Oct 17, 2010 15:53
  • MATZ
although everytime I stepped into a chinese pharmacy I saw people asking for strange aphrodisiac including seahorses ...from what I read about bear farming seems that japanese are the main buyers and that China is going reduce the farming business. I don't know about other countries like vietnam and what doesn't mean this reduction in china but it'd be easy to chemically synthesized bears' bile they say, one more reason to stop this unbelievable business ...
Post a Reply to: Bear farming for bile extraction
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code