Menu
Visit Ci Qi Kou Ancient Town at night
Oct 19, 2010 02:02
  • JIMMYB
According to Xinhua News, the Ci Qi Kou Ancient Town in Chongqing has been free for visit at night since Oct. 18. The tourists can explore its beauty night, such as looking for “9 palaces and 19 temples”, watching traditional wedding ceremony and tasting authentic Chongqing snacks. And the local operas will be performed in the tea houses.

Oct 19, 2010 07:37
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Jimmy,
I visit Ciqikou regularly and I have never paid. There is no entrance fee!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is and has always been free to visit both night or day.

Not sure about the 9 Palaces and 19 Temples either. There are several old Siheyuan style family homes and ONE Temple on the hill in the above photo.

They do showcase local stlye Opera but I haven;t seen in the new premises. Only in the old place(a historic school building) now a museum of sorts which hasn't been open to the public on my last few visits.

It's a strange and somewhat inaccurate news item.
Oct 19, 2010 21:11
  • JIMMYB
Thanks for your post, Jabarootoo. I just read this news from Xinhuanet.com. It is reported that Ci Qi Kou is for free during the night.

I tried to look for more info about 9 palaces and 18 temples. In ancient times, there were many palaces and temples, such as Baolun Temple, Yunding Temple, Fuyuan Temple and Wenchang Palace. However, they were almost destroyed at the end of the Ming Dynasty.

Baolun Temple still remains in Ci Qi Kou. It is said that Zhu Yunwen (Jianwen Emperor) once hid in this temple.

Here is more info about Jianwen Emperor:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jianwen_Emperor

Oct 19, 2010 21:12
  • JIMMYB
PS: I haven't been there before. Thus, I don't know if there is entrance fee to Baolun Temple. But I have heard that there are some private museums there. If you want to visit these museums, you need to pay for the admission fees.
Post a Reply to: Visit Ci Qi Kou Ancient Town at night
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code