Menu
Wayne Rooney to leave Manchester United?
Oct 20, 2010 03:20
guestsoccerfan Wayne Rooney was not prepared to sign a new contract with Manchester United, according to a report. In an interview with MUTV filmed before he spoke to the media, Ferguson said United chief executive David Gill had told him about Rooney's decision not to sign a new contract back in the summer.

His current deal is due to finish at the end of 2011/2012 campaign. If he does leave then Everton would be in line to scoop a small fortune. The Toffees have a sell-on clause in Rooney's contract which states that they would get 25% of any excess sum over the £27m United eventually paid for the striker.

On Sep. 28, Manchester United claimed that Rooney suffered minor ankle damage and he would be away for about three weeks. Sir Alex Ferguson said that he would join England’s match on Oct 13.

However, last Tuesday, after England's 0-0 draw against Montenegro in a Euro 2010 qualifier at Wembley, Rooney contradicted the Scot's statement and insisted he was fit and had not had an ankle problem.

It seems that Sir Alex Ferguson has lost faith in Rooney. But he still says "I feel that we still have to keep the door open for him, especially as he's such a good player."
Oct 28, 2010 03:52
  • KEVIN0518
Rooney didn't sign the new contract because he thought his payment was too low. A source said that he had already agreed to sign the new contract. His boss promised to increase his salary.

Currently, he earns about 90000 pounds a week. In the new contract, his weekly wage will increase to 250000 pounds.
Oct 28, 2010 05:12
  • APELSIN
i thought his weekly wage is 180000 Pounds, and i dont think he rly has an idea to leave devils, as i am MU fan i fell very happy for rooney's loyalty to the club
Oct 29, 2010 01:46
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by APELSIN

i thought his weekly wage is 180000 Pounds, and i dont think he rly has an idea to leave devils, as i am MU fan i fell very happy for rooney's loyalty to the club

Layalty to Manchester United? He does have his agenda: if you do not raise my salary, I will leave and join other clubs. Now his requirement has been satisfied.

You know what? The fans scared Rooney after he claimed that he would leave. ""If you join City you're dead", then fans said.
Nov 10, 2010 02:49
  • CHARLOTT
Leaving is always a good excuse to get a pay rise. The Red Devil is different. If Rooney leaves, Manchester United will suffer a great loss. I miss the time when David was still there. But we can't go back now.
Post a Reply to: Wayne Rooney to leave Manchester United?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code