Menu
Learn Chinese Online
Oct 26, 2010 03:20
  • BIRDROCKSTER
I have been using some personal software recently that has helped some to learn Chinese, but I would like to find an online teacher/tutor. Any suggestions?
Oct 26, 2010 03:20
  • BIRDROCKSTER
thanks in advance for any help!
Last edited by BIRDROCKSTER: Oct 26, 2010 03:21
Oct 26, 2010 03:22
  • ASPENATOR
Try Surf Chinese. I have been using them from Ireland for 2 months with a lot of progress. Best of luck!
Oct 26, 2010 05:13
  • ARIESBUNNY
Online teaching sometimes got troubles because of the messenger problems.....

Best way to learn a language is to take a one-on-one tutor in person.....

If you combine in person tutoring together with software helping, you will get progress fast.

Nov 2, 2010 04:01
  • ONS189
I've also tried online with Surf Chinese, very good service and great teachers. I suggest you try their free trial before you enroll in their classes. Hope this helps
Nov 4, 2010 03:18
  • CHRISB2010
I haven't tried learning online before, what is it like / how is it? I think a personal tutor seems like a better choice, as you can sit there face to face and meet them in person.
Nov 6, 2010 23:26
  • CLOUDQ
My suggestion is to find a language partner locally, like from college. One hour English and One hour Chinese training program. It is good for making new friends too.
Nov 8, 2010 20:17
  • ONS189
@ChirsB2010
Learning online has been better than learning with a face to face tutor, for me at least. Private tutors seemed nice at first, but my motivation to continually meet and study on their schedule waned after a couple of weeks. Learning online has allowed me to continue studying with less of the stress and strain of commuting to meet up. I suggest you try a few different ways and then choose the best way that suits you.
Nov 8, 2010 20:21
  • ONS189
Its also a much cheaper choice to learn online, about 1/2 the price of a face to face tutor. Also, my online school provides me with a recording after each lesson which is great for me because my tones and pronunciation need lots of work; this has helped me to hear my problems and compare them to the teacher's pronunciation, a big help.
Nov 25, 2010 21:14
  • ASPENATOR
@Birdrockster
Its really up to you and what you want to do. If you want to invest your time in it and really learn, make the decision that suits you best.
Nov 26, 2010 01:25
GUEST21589 i am a chinese ,and i think i can teach you chinese free.so ,add me .my msn:gmail.com|summerjixia my skype"summerjixa"
i can teach you from Letters, pinyin, Chinese characters, grammar
.of course if you were interested in normal chinese,i can teach you ,too.the manner of study is funny ,i can sing chinese song or chinese story for you to help you understand chinese culture or babit.so .add me.
ps:it is free because i wanna practise my english,too.so.please endure my poor english first.ha ha ha ha.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Learn Chinese Online
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code