Menu
Culture Shock Experiences
Oct 29, 2010 05:47
  • BIRDROCKSTER
A discussion about the different culture shocks people have experienced here since they arrived in China. Enjoy!
Oct 31, 2010 04:31
  • DAVEC
I did considerable research before my first trip but was still in shock when I experienced an eastern toilet which is far outside our comfort zone.

Since that trip I have been back 5 more times and experienced many new things and thats how I consider them 'experience' rather than shock.
Oct 31, 2010 06:10
  • GAFFER
Private Asian toilets I can handle (good exercise for the thighs) but some public toilets are another thing. I like to be sociable but this shared experience was not entirely welcome.
Oct 31, 2010 08:44
  • CARLOS
I went out at the Guangzhou airport to smoke a cigar while waiting a plane to Nanning. When I looked down to the road my first thought was: but where are all the chinese cars? That was my first time in China.

Same day evening we went to eat to Hotel Nanning. For the first time I was in a restaurant where we walked around and ordered something from here, something from there, something from some other corner. All came to the table, so no problem about it. I was brought a fork and a knife but I refused to use them, then I got chopsticks.

Carlos
Oct 31, 2010 21:10
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by GAFFER

Private Asian toilets I can handle (good exercise for the thighs) but some public toilets are another thing. I like to be sociable but this shared experience was not entirely welcome.

Public toilets have been improved a lot. In many places, they are open to the public for free. BUT I can't understand why those toilets are closed. Do we lack people to clean the toilets?

My worst experience happened on the train. You know, there is not enough water on the train. The toilets are dirty. But the toilets on D/G trains are good.
Post a Reply to: Culture Shock Experiences
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code