Menu
parents in law HELP!!!
Nov 2, 2010 21:51
  • JOCABED
Hello, Im gonna get engaged with my chinese boyfriend, Im latin as you know latin culture is so different compared to chinese culture so i talked to his parents by email but they send me long emails with many questions and i want to know what chinese parents like in the future daughter in law :O please helppp
Nov 10, 2010 01:09
GUESTJAYTAN Hi Jocabed,

I am Singaporean Peranakan Chinese(Strait Chinese) and my family is very traditional. Most Chinese in-laws will want their son's potential wife to be caring towards their son. Give them that assurance and half the battle is won.

Do make a special effort to buy your potential in-laws small gifts (need not be expensive), if they are not feeling well make them some chicken soup and lastly, make it a point to call them at least once a week (pick a specific time and keep to it, so they will be looking forward to that call). My wife does all these for my parents and it works like magic.

Don't look at your in-laws, look at your man. Congratulations!!!

Cheers
Jay
Nov 10, 2010 10:30
GUEST09159 THank you for the advices, you are right i already sent a small gifts for each one and they were very happy, even when they live in USa i think they have the chinese customes strongly so once im married with my fiance and we are together i can go to their house and prepare a soup as you told me :)
many thanks
Beth
Nov 10, 2010 10:42
  • JOCABED
Hello thanks for your advice, i already sent small gifts for each one and they appreciated that a lot, so once i am married with my fiance i will go the house of them and i will prepare a soupas you told me, for now i keep sending emails and they always answer back, the only thing im worried is to fail because my fiance is the only son so they are so worried for him since im a latin girl and then dont know me but they like me as well but i feel the pression that i want to be the perfect daughter in law i really want they like me forever and never have disagreements, anyway thank you for your advice

many thanks
Beth
Nov 11, 2010 23:05
GUESTJAYTAN Hi Beth,

Don't worry too much. If they like you from on-set, it is unlikely that the relationship will change adversely, likewise the other way round is also true. In your case, you already have a good foot hold, keep building on your successes. If you think too many steps ahead, you will never marry this nice man. Just remember not to over do it, it may turn round to bite you. The best is to treat them like you treat your own family members.

Good Luck
Jay
Jan 10, 2014 04:28
GUEST70100 you sound crazy, sounds like you are needy.....is it all up to you to win approval?
Post a Reply to: parents in law HELP!!!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code