Menu
pls. guide me in HK travel
Nov 5, 2010 03:36
  • JYLL82
hi, will be in hong kong this coming dec. 2010 and stay at golden crown guest house in nathan rd.,tsim sha tsui.arrive at the airport around 1:00am. is it safe to travel going to the guesthouse? what bus do we need to ride?
vacation for 4 nights and 5 days. please help me to finalize my itinerary.
day 1
a. going to oldclock tower, what bus going there from our host?
b. from old clock tower to avenue of star and statue square?
c. from there going to ocean park and going to the peak?
d. from peak to tst for night market
DAY 2
a. wholeday at disneyland- what bus route going there?
DAY 3
a. from hotel going to noah's ark
b. from noahs going to ngong ping cable
c. from there going to po lin monastery
d. from po lin to village
e. going to snoopy world
f. back to tst to witness the Symphony of lights
DAY 4
a. going to macau? what is the cheapest ferry going there? what time leave from HK to macau and vice versa?
DAY 5
a. hk space museum
b. hk science musuem
c. botanical garden

leave HK to phils. at 01:35am. anything tourist spot that i missed? please help me. thanks a lot.

Nov 8, 2010 10:17
  • KWANTC
at the airport around 1:00am. is it safe to travel going to the guesthouse? what bus do we need to ride?
No need to worry, HK is one of the safest city in Asia. At the Airport, take overnight service bus route no. N21, bus fare is HKD23.

day 1
a. going to oldclock tower, what bus going there from our host?
b. from old clock tower to avenue of star and statue square?
The clock tower and Avenue of Star are next to the Star Ferry at TST, you can walk there, takes about 15 mins. If you prefer to take a bus, take bus route nos. 1, 1A, 2, 6, 6A or 7 and alight at TST terminus. Take the Star Ferry and go to Central, take bus route no. 2 or 25 and alight at the City Hall Stop.

c. from there going to ocean park?
Take the Star Ferry to Central, then take bus route no. 629, the bus stop is just outside the ferry pier. There are 5 scheduled services between 0935 am to 1055 am. If you missed the bus, take bus route no. 2 or 25 and alight at Queensway stop, then take bus route no. 629 which runs between 900am to 1600 pm.

c. from there going to the peak?
d. from peak to tst for night market
Bus route no. 629 will take you back to Queensway, take a taxi to the Peak Tram Station, or takes about 15 mins. of walking. After coming down from the Peak, take bus route no. 15C back to the Star Ferry where you can take the ferry back to TST. I don’t think there is a night market at TST, there is one at Temple Street. Take a taxi at the taxi stand, I think HKD 30 will do.

DAY 2
wholeday at disneyland- what bus route going there?
Take the MTR (called underground/Metro/Subway etc. elsewhere), take the Tsuen Wan direction train and change to Tung Chung direction train at Lai King Station, then change to Disneyland train at Sunny Bay Station. Buy a ticket from TST to Disneyland is OK, no need to exit the station when changing train.

DAY 3
a. from hotel going to noah's ark
Take the MTR, take the Tsuen Wan direction train and change to Tuen Mun direction train at Mei Foo Station, exit at Tsuen Wan West Station. Go out of the station at Exit D then take the ferry to Noah’s Ark.

b. from noahs going to ngong ping cable
c. from there going to po lin monastery
d. from po lin to village
All these places are neighbouring each other. Take the ferry back to Tsuen Wan West Station, then take the MTR heading for Hung Hom direction, change to Tung Chung direction train at Nam Cheong Station, exit at Tung Chung Station, the cable car terminus is just nearby.

Nov 8, 2010 10:19
  • KWANTC
e. going to snoopy world
f. back to tst to witness the Symphony of lights
After coming back from Ngong Ping, take the MTR Hong Kong direction train and change to Hung Hom direction train at Nam Cheong Station, then take the Lowu or Lok Ma Chau direction train at Hung Hom Station, exit at Shatin Station. The Snoopy World is located at a shopping mall next to Shatin Station.
Take the MTR to Hung Hom and change train to TST East Station. Make sure you return to TST before 2000 pm to see the Symphony of Lights, the best place to see is along the Avenue of Stars.

DAY 4
going to macau? what is the cheapest ferry going there? what time leave from HK to macau and vice versa?
Go to the China Ferry Terminal at TST, a little bit of walking, 15 – 20 mins, or take a taxi. The ferry departs/arrives every half hour during the day, fare is around HKD 130 – 160. Make sure your return to China Ferry Terminal when returning from Macau, there is another ferry terminal at HK island side.

DAY 5
a. hk space museum
b. hk science museum
They are located at the end of Nathan Road, you will see them at the Avenue of Stars.

c. botanical garden
Take the Star Ferry to Central, then take bus route no. 15C to Peak Tram terminus, the Botanical Garden is right across the road.

leave HK to phils. at 01:35am. anything tourist spot that i missed?
Quite a lot, but you do not have time.

TC
Nov 8, 2010 15:57
GUEST17817 thank you so much. it really help me a lot. hmm, one more thing, is it safe if we will rest inside the airport till morning? and is it allowed there to stay?
Nov 8, 2010 21:34
  • ELLYSE
No problem staying in the airport till morning.
Post a Reply to: pls. guide me in HK travel
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code