Menu
Shanghai to Hangzhou
Nov 8, 2010 00:11
  • TITAN333888
Hello to everyone, what is the fastest way to get to Hangzhou from Shanghai PGV airport (I want to go to Zhejiang Sci-Tech University). I will be landing at 6:45PM on Nov, 21, 2010. I hear that the new Shanghai to Hangzhou bullet train recently open for operation. So, I am open for suggestion. Thank you very much
Nov 8, 2010 00:47
  • CHERRY07
Yes, there are G trains from Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station to Hangzhou. You need take airport line 1 at PVG to Hongqiao Airport. It costs around CNY 30. The bus arrives at the terminal 2. There you can walk to the subway station according to the signs. There you can take subway line 2 to Hongqiao Railway Station.

Please visit [tcgurl=http://www.travelchinaguide.com/china-trains/shanghai-schedule.htm]Shanghai Rail Timetable[/tcgurl] to search the G train schedule.
Nov 8, 2010 15:27
  • ELLYSE
Pudong airport is actually PVG, not PGV.
It seems that there's more than one campus for that university. Do you know which one you're heading for? Is it the one at Wenyi Xilu, in Yuhang district?
Rather than taking airport shuttle and then metro to Hongqiao train station, it's cheaper and more convenient (though maybe a bit slower?) to take metro line 2 -- no need to change lines. The metro will take 100 mins (no traffic jams!) and cost only 8 RMB.
Alternatively, take the Maglev (50 RMB, 7-10 mins) to Longyang Lu terminus, then metro line 2 (6 RMB, 50 mins) to Hongqiao train station.
The last G train leaving from Hongqiao train station is G7389 leaving at 2112, arriving at Hangzhou main train station at 2213. I would advise buying tickets in advance if possible, to save you time!
From there, take a taxi to your university. It would be helpful to have the university name and address printed in Chinese characters.
If you need help with anything else, you can email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 -- put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username (eg TITAN333888) in the subject line.
Post a Reply to: Shanghai to Hangzhou
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code