Menu
Where should be started when travel to China
Apr 12, 2004 16:24
  • GABE
Hello,

I am currently teaching in Zhejiang province and am looking to travel for three weeks during the Spring Festival but dont really know where to go. It seems like Beijing would be a good start, but where too from there? Is Xian worth the journey (is there more to see besides the Terracotta warriors?)? Are there still things to see at the three gorges? Any advice/help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Gabe
Apr 12, 2004 16:37
  • MAXIAOYAN
Xi'an is well worth a journey if you want to experience a historical China. Terracotta warriors is no doubt a highlight of Xi'an, but not the only one. Try to walking or bicycling on the ancient city wall, it is really quite interesting. Also i would like to suggest you go to the marvelous Tang Dynasty Dinner Show. I promise you will be deeply impressed by its wonderful musicians & performers.
Apr 12, 2004 16:38
  • WANGYUN
I think the two places you said are the good start.
Because Beijing and Xi'an both the onetime capitals with so long history. And these two can represent the whole China's hisrory development more or less.

Do you know Chinese has a custom that they eat dumpling certainly during the Spring Festival? And do you know the Xi'an Dumpling dinner is very famous in Chinese and foreigners?
So pls don't miss the good chance to share the happy Chinese lunar new year with the local.
Post a Reply to: Where should be started when travel to China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code