Menu
visiting shanghai in first week of december 2010
Nov 10, 2010 03:15
  • KAMA
1. Could anyone tell me what kind of weather and what kinds of clothes I need to bring?
2. I am going to be at Garden Avenue Hotel and arriving at Pudong airport around 6 PM - What is the best way to reach hotel? Is there ant airport shuttle service to that area? If train what is the best way? etc.
3. How can I travel from Garden Avenue Hotel to explore Shanghai Bund area or shopping areas like Ninjing road area from Garden Avenue Hotel?
4. What is the best international food/western foods similar to Chinese food available in the mornings as I hardly had any chinese food experience in the mornings?
Nov 10, 2010 04:18
  • ELLYSE
1) Around freezing point or a bit higher, maybe up to about 12 degrees Celsius. How much you wear will depend on how much you feel the cold. Generally a down coat with sweater will be fine, add thermals if you're afraid of cold.
2) and 3) Sorry... address of hotel? What's your definition of "best"?
4) Again, definition of "best"? If money is no object, I've enjoyed a great breakfast at the Four Seasons Hotel before.
If you have any more questions, email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username (eg Kama) in the subject line.
Nov 10, 2010 11:19
  • KAMA
Thank you ELLYSE
Address is 上海市徐汇区老沪闵路689号
China
021-34084888
No.689 Old Humin Road, Xuhui District, Shanghai

BEST means - Easy and without much problem of language but still I like site seeing or city travelling (I mean all options available)
and same to visit the city shopping areas from the Hotel.

Food - I do not mean that Chinese food is not as good as others - I only mean to say what is the name of some breakfast items in Chinese food.

Thank you again for guiding me to explore Shanghai

Nov 12, 2010 08:19
  • ELLYSE
Metro will do you fine. Look on http://www.exploreshanghai.com/metro for a good interactive map of Shanghai's metro system.
If you have any more questions, email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username (eg Kama) in the subject line.
Post a Reply to: visiting shanghai in first week of december 2010
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code