Menu
visiting Shanghai in December 2010 - First timer
Nov 12, 2010 06:41
  • KAMA
1. I am visiting Shanghai in December and staying to be at Garden Avenue Hotel (Address is 上海市徐汇区老沪闵路689号,021-34084888 No.689 Old Humin Road, Xuhui District, Shanghai) upon arriving at Pudong airport around 6 PM - What is the best way to reach hotel? Is there any airport shuttle service to that area? How to reach there by train? Or by Maglev and then train or taxi? Guide please.
2. How can I travel from Garden Avenue Hotel to explore Shanghai Bund area or shopping areas like Ninjing road area from Garden Avenue Hotel?
3. I am also visiting Ningbo area on a day trip – please guide me how to visit from my Hotel (What train station or bus service? How many hours? Could I be back by the evening/night?)
Nov 12, 2010 08:20
  • ELLYSE
1) Pretty uninteresting place, no idea why you're staying there. But anyway... Take airport shuttle no.7 to Shanghai South train station. From there it's very short taxi ride (12 RMB) to your hotel.
2) Take a taxi to Shanghai South train station, then take metro line 1 from there to People's Square. From there, alk east down Nanjing Lu pedestrian street to the Bund. Look on http://www.exploreshanghai.com/metro for a good interactive map of Shanghai's metro system.
3) Take a taxi to Shanghai South long-distance bus station (directly south beside Shanghai South train station), then take a long-distance bus to Ningbo. It's about 2.5 hours each way. so you'll be able to make a day of it.
If you have any more questions, email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username (eg Kama) in the subject line.
Post a Reply to: visiting Shanghai in December 2010 - First timer
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code