Menu
Do you think Ai Fukuhara did a right thing?
Nov 15, 2010 03:23
  • KEVIN0518
On November 14, Ai Fukuhara led Japan to have a complete victory over Chinese Taipei in Group A at Women's team event of Table Tennis tournament of 16th Asian Games. No doubt, Japan had absolute advantages and they won the match easily.

However, a titbit in the match has drawn much attention from the public. During the fight with Hua Yihua, Ai Fukuhara intentionally made a mistake to lose 1 point, winning the second round 11:1. If she didn’t make this mistake, her rival would have earned 0 point.

After the match, she explained that she couldn’t beat her rival in the second round 11:0 because she didn’t want her rival to get humiliated.

I am not sure that Huang agreed with her. Maybe, Huang just thought that she was humiliated when Ai Fukuhara intentionally made this mistake.
Nov 15, 2010 20:19
If I were her rival, I wouldn't accept her "favor". Her action is an insultation. She just wants to prove that she is kind and considerate.
Nov 17, 2010 02:48
  • CHARLOTT
Quote:

Originally Posted by LONELYJOURNEY

If I were her rival, I wouldn't accept her "favor". Her action is an insultation. She just wants to prove that she is kind and considerate.

Lonely, you made me think of the repeated plot in Chinese Kungfu movies. All heroes choose to die with dignity. They do not need their rivals’ compassion.
Nov 21, 2010 01:15
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHARLOTT

Lonely, you made me think of the repeated plot in Chinese Kungfu movies. All heroes choose to die with dignity. They do not need their rivals’ compassion.

Right. Do not show your compassion to everyone. Some people do not want it.
Oct 29, 2015 16:56
GUEST78242 almost all the players let their opponents win a point, guys.
Post a Reply to: Do you think Ai Fukuhara did a right thing?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code